Any MI audio blues box deluxe users out there.

• Members

The best MI Audio pedal (IMO) to stack the Crunch Box is the Blues Pro Overdrive, not the Blue Boy Deluxe.

Just a more natural sounding pedal I think. I found the Blue Boy to be a little more compressed.

• Members

Oh yeah man.... the CB sounds amazing alone, but if you run the BPO in front of it -- HOLD ON!!

And the BPO sounds good alone too ... mine was on almost all the time. Here's a comparison video I did:

[YOUTUBE]iuAQorhrbqs[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I use it. Its on all the time. and by all the time, i mean literally all the time. It has the most ridiculous amount of shaping available. I use mine as a pretty low overdrive and mostly for tone shaping. Definately the best overdrive pedal ive used.

• Members

Changing the op-amp helps with the compression problem and takes away from some of the TS-ness of it. I don't like the TS sound but I like this pedal because I can dial most of what I don't like out (lack of bass, mid hump, not enough gain).

• Members

I was hoping you wouldn't ask that question. ;) If I get around to it I'll look. The op amp doesn't change the sound too much, though the 4558 does impart a certain midrange and compression character. I just bought about 5 op amps from Small Bear and swapped until I found one I liked. I guess it was the most un-4558 one I could get.

• Members

It took a while for me to like it, basically because it's a tweakers pedal like the Tube Zone and doesn't immediately give up its best tones. One real advantage over other Tube Sceamer's is the mid control which allows you to get rid of the honk entirely should you wish to - or boost it. I'm really happy with it now and it's turned out to be a very versatile TS.

Archived