BNAD

pbone

• Members

Belated New Amp Day

I CAN'T DO CLIPS

IMG_0321.jpg

Anyways, long story short, gain stomp boxes don't sound as good in any dimension, I'd rather have people feel my music rather than just hear it, and it sounds {censored}ing AWESOME.

This is the only dirt pedal I'll ever need, sans a boost.

mesa_2007_1283470

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My friend painted on it, but used the wrong kind of paint, and it turned out {censored}ty. I'm gonna order a new pickguard to replace it, just don't know if i should go back to white or do tortoise shell this time.

• Members

that's my second favorite mesa (actually maybe first) the other one i really like is the stiletto. my dream rig for awhile was the combo version of the ace and the lonestar. congrats mang!!! i bet it sounds HUGE.

Thanks man, it does sound huge. I think andy timmons has the lone star and the stilleto or ace or whatever.

[YOUTUBE]SiW22O914Cg[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

My friend painted on it, but used the wrong kind of paint, and it turned out {censored}ty. I'm gonna order a new pickguard to replace it, just don't know if i should go back to white or do tortoise shell this time.

mint

• Members

sweet! love them boogies. What model of lonestar is it?

God, yeah, I don't think I'll ever buy another kind of amp. It sounds amazing, and has all the features I need to make a great amp.

It's the previous model one, without the 10w switch. Not really a problem, though, I think that was the most immediate change to the amp.

• Members

God, yeah, I don't think I'll ever buy another kind of amp. It sounds amazing, and has all the features I need to make a great amp.

It's the previous model one, without the 10w switch. Not really a problem, though, I think that was the most immediate change to the amp.

cool, is it a 100 watter, 50 watter or what? it's a 1x12" right?

• Members

switchable between 100 and 50 watts, and yeah, 112.

very nice.

I remember a gig a while back one of the other guitarists tried to play thru one of those and he couldn't get a good tone out of it but I never put any stock into that fact because he couldn't get a good tone out of anything really. :lol:

wanna trade for a triple recifier? heheh

• Members

Thanks man, it's bitchin. Seriously, loaded with features, but I was able to dial in a tone immediately. I love it!

I have a Tremoverb. Got it as a combo back in '94 and converted it to a 1/2 stack a few years ago. Totally overkill, but goddam, I love that friggin' amp!!! When the Lonestar came out, I'd just gotten an Orange AD30 dual channel b/c I was playing in 2 different bands and too lazy to lug one amp around. I dug the Orange, but couldn't love it. I became aware of the Lonestar just after getting the Orange. If I was to get another amp, I'd be torn between a Fender Twin or Super Reverb, the Lonestar, or the Epiphone Blues Custom. All depending on budget.

The Lonestar is just sooooo friggin' versatile. But the cleans are so amazing that I think it would cover that Fender clean territory and then some!

So congrats and keep us updated on how awesome it is. I'll never get rid of my Tremoverb!!!

Archived