Oh Yes! I Has t3H New Mapz - RADIOHEAD, GREENWOOD ZPOMGZZ!

NetStar

• Members
I don't understand your language but I think I feel happy for you?
:confused::thu:

Forum Speak, I wanted to attract the attention of Radio11 actually.

I'm surprised noone snapped it up a long time ago...Reasonable BIN...Postage...

• Members

The last one, if you remember was actually just a Vintage 30 upgrade...Yeah so the original speaker was kindly included...but meh, this one has the same box and footswitch...

To an extent I think it's more how hyped and well worded the auction is.
This one was a few lines and a load of Draconian {censored} about Postage, or something....

I've seen a chap on eBay called JesAbbott sell a Cambridge 30 Twin for

• Members
That's a GREAT amp, and you are correct -- that is a very LOUD 15 wattz...

:thu:
Thank you, my man.

Andy's scaring me away from the new CC range made me stick it out and wait for one of these. And for the price of the new reissue...not bad.

• Members
The last one, if you remember was actually just a Vintage 30 upgrade...Yeah so the original speaker was kindly included...but meh, this one has the same box and footswitch...

To an extent I think it's more how hyped and well worded the auction is.

This one was a few lines and a load of Draconian {censored} about Postage, or something....

I've seen a chap on eBay called JesAbbott sell a Cambridge 30 Twin for

• Members

I was lookign at the Cambridge, and going, "Twin speakers, cool...Two channels with switching and boost, interesting....Trem, and reverb, footswitchable....helpful addition...Headphones, useful...recording out, ditto...Looks pretty nice (as in, better than the later VR series that has teh controls on teh front and looks balls.)" But then I started reading all the scare stories about it just crapping out, (Something about the Trem) and went and bought this Fender Performer; super loud, super clean, crunchy 12AX7 Channel, reverb...but heavy as hell and probably overkill...Time to get little valve amp.

Glad you came through alright with yours. I saw the Cab on ebay, how much did that go for? I suppose it's a nice little cab if fitted with some decent speakers.

I'm going to give the whole amp a good time to get used to it and decide if it needs any work done in the speaker/Valve Dept'. I'm a newbie with valve amps, although I have the sound I want in my head.

Apart from the proper Celestion Blue, what other "clone" type speakers are out there? There's an Eminance Red Fang isn't there? And something made by Weber?

Is there a good place to order valves from?

• Members

how much do those things break up? can they get LOUD and clean at the same time?

They won't be totally clean when loud enough to compete with a heavy handed drummer. The slightly broken clean sound they do provide is one of the greatest tones ever mind you, so many folks are more than happy to play them that way.

• Members

hmmm... i kinda want one now... how cheap do those go these days? think i could pick a used one up for $300?

Not for a UK made tbx, not sure but think they sell for much more than twice that price in the US. There's always the AC15CC

• Members

oh, haha i was thinking cc anyways. it'd be a second amp for stereo uses. i already have the amp in my pic for lead stuff. i was thinking twin reverb for the loud clean sound (and verb) but if the ac30cc could be almost as loud as a 40 watt el84 amp and has decent verb, i'd be willing to take that road since it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

• Members

Oh the AC30CC is more than loud enough to play clean with a drummer, it's the 15 that breaks up at those levels. AC30CC used seems to around the $800 mark from what I've seen, great amp for that price.

• Members
how much do those things break up? can they get LOUD and clean at the same time?

You could swap the speaker out for something cleaner. A Celestion Blue speaker is rated at 15 watts: changing to a Celestion Gold which is rated at 50 watts will give you a cleaner sound. Then there's playing around with the valves and possibly trying 12AT7's instead of 12AX7's. You're never oging to get a Fender-type clean sound but who needs it when you have that glorious breaking Vox chime? :)

Archived