What should my next delay pedal be?

Taylor.

• Members

Since my DL4 bit the dust the other night, I will be needing a new delay pedal soon. The Nova Delay and RE-20 are looking QUITE appealing, but I don't think I'll have a chance to actually try out either one.

What do you guys think I should get? :confused: :poke:

• Members

That would be nice, yes. I found myself using only really the "Analog Delay W/ Modulation" and "Dynamic Delay" settings, so the NUMBER of presets isn't that important but the ease of access would be a plus.

• Members
I have a DD-7 and a DMM up for sale if you're interested. Both are excellent delays, but I'm tryin' to sell those to fund an Empress Super Delay -- which is
my
next delay pedal.
:love:

You sicken me.

Whats dynamic delay do? I'd recommend a boss dd3 and mxr carbon copy.

• Members
I have a DD-7 and a DMM up for sale if you're interested. Both are excellent delays, but I'm tryin' to sell those to fund an Empress Super Delay -- which is
my
next delay pedal.
:love:

Jesus, man, what stays on your board?

• Members

You sicken me.

Whats dynamic delay do? I'd recommend a boss dd3 and mxr carbon copy.

Dynamic = ducking delay, which the echo park, nova delay, and a few others do I think. It softens the delay while you're playing and increases the volume while you're not so the delay doesn't get muddy or stuff. Not really my thing, but nice to have.

• Members

Jesus, man, what
stays
on your board?

I've had the same tuner for like, 5 years.... :idk:

:lol:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that once I get the super delay and a different trem, I'll probably be done for the foreseeable future. At least, that's what I'm thinkin' right now.

• Members

The Empress Superdelay is beyond awesome. I like the Subdecay Echobox, too, though. Even the Carbon Copy is cool. Just depends on how much you want, really. There are so many great options available now, it's an awesome time to be a pedal fiend. :)

• Members

Liar

Maybe. :lol::idk:

I'm really gonna try to get into building some stuff now. I've got a copy of Electronics for Dummies on the way, along with a breadboard and a few packs of various components ..... so we'll see how far that gets me.

Archived