What's wrong with my pedal?

• Members

I've been having trouble with horrible clipping sounds coming out of my amp. It seems to be a problem with my Zoom Tr-Metal (TM-01) pedal. I thought my pickup height was causing the problem, but it turns out to be the pedal.

Here's a sound clip. http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=13473

First section is with the pedal in the chain (though bypassed), with the pickup at 1.5/16ths height. Then the same silly "riff" without the pedal, and the same pup but at 1/16th height. Biggest problem is those clicks caused by the pedal. Then again, I seem to even hear some distortion around 0:44 when I'm not using the pedal. Any ideas?

• Members

Check the battery and check your cables.

I remember seeing a thread just like this a while ago, and it ended up being the cable running from the guitar to the pedal. Make sure it isn't little things like that affecting your sound. If it isn't, I'm not sure what to tell you. . .

• Members

Put your pickup back where it belongs and plug in again. Turn your volume down on your guitar a little and see if it still does it. It may be the pedal crapin out. you can also take it out of the chain and see if the noise stops.
good luck man

• Members

Yes, the second half of the clip I posted is without the pedal in the chain, and there are no huge pops.

This was not a problem with the Tri-Metal before

EDIT: Woops. Looks liekt he popping is back, even with the lowered pickup. Lowering the voluem on my guitar eliminates it.

• Members

It's a Zoom Tri-Metal

I'm using a Schecter C-1 Blackjack. The loud pops happen both in my Marshall AVT50 and my Peavey 5150.

as i said if it doesn't do it with the amps with your guitar pluged in direct its the zoom pedal.

take the zoom out of the chain

• Members
as i said if it doesn't do it with the amps with your guitar pluged in direct its the zoom pedal.

take the zoom out of the chain

Right. I knew it was the pedal. That's why this thread is called "What's wrong with my pedal?" :p

I know I can take it out of the chain, but I'm trying to fix the pedal.

Archived