behringer slow gear clone

• Members

whats the problem?

the original slow gear its a pretty touchy circuit from what I have read on diystompboxes

do you have the behringer yet, if so is it good ?

I'm only really worried as its a present for an old friend and I don't want it to disappoint in terms of usability

• Members

I just got mine today, and I have a few thoughts:

1) you're an idiot if you pay $300 for this. It's a neat effect, but you're just collecting at that point.

2) My Rhodes now sounds like a synth. THIS IS AWESOME

3) It's touchy with guitar. I think I'll need a compresser to go along with this

All in all, it's worth the $32 including shipping I paid for this, if only for the sound I can get with my rhodes.

When I have money, I plan on getting the Pigtronix Attack Decay which is this, a compresser, and a "reverse of the slow gear" decay envelope filter. It's an ADSR pedal. cool.

This is a cool toy.

• Members

When I have money, I plan on getting the Pigtronix Attack Decay which is this, a compresser, and a "reverse of the slow gear" decay envelope filter. It's an ADSR pedal. cool.

This is a cool toy.

I had a chance to play with one in a store not too long ago. The effects in it are pretty good, but the pedal isn't intuitive by a long shot. The substantial instruction book has plenty of diagrams with settings info, but I found them tough to use. Some of 'em seemed to be erroneous. It might be worth the money to me somewhere down the road, but not yet.

Archived