Anybody GASsing on these pedals?

• Members

Gaspedals Carb

http://www.gaspedals.net/carburetor.html

Green Russian Muff

Rat II

GuyaTone Flanger

http://www.guyatone.com/Fl3.php

I know there are hundreds of rat lovers here but, how about the other pedals? Anyone here has experience with them? Number list is the CARB simply because of the nice graphics! :love: I had a Russian (black) Muff before the older one with box and I really liked it so I was wondering if the green is a good substitute. I always like pink colored pedals so the GuyaTone should get love... :cool:

• Members

The green BMPs are fantastic. If you like your black BMP, you will love a green one. More balls, not as harsh, but still with plenty of teeth and hair.

However, it should be pointed out that the Little Big Muff sounds very close to a green BMP, is inexpensive, readily available, true-bypass and enjoys much better construction. These days I would go that direction rather than paying the exorbitant rates for which the green BMPs are going for arguably a much inferior product...

Either way, great sounding pedals; both have distinctive EH mojo...

• Members

I have owned the stock Rat II, a keeley rat II, and an 85 sm box rat. Of the 3 it was a close race between the 85 and the keeley, but I went with the 85 because it is just a classic rat sound. The Keeley's are great if you want a thicker sounding rat, though.

i also have a green russian BMP and would not part with it for any other EHX muff. I love it. I have never played a triangle muff, but have played the other varients, and I love the Green Russian.

If you click my myspace ink in the sig, the song "weigh me down" is Green Russian BMP->OD3->DD3 for the main lick and "rhythm" guitar parts.

"cured at once" is OD3 and the Keeley ratII for the higher gain part at the end. The weird noises are me playing with my small stone.

• Members

what would you compare it too? Not lookin to buy, just curious.

Hm, I don't really know. I haven't tried that many boost pedals. It's a pretty standard boost pedal, but the low end was a little more emphasized.... overall the EQ was kinda flabby.

Archived