boomerang phrase sampler

ArrMatey

• Members

The main thing that I saw with the boomerang one at a first glance is the fact that you can halve the speed of whatever you are recording and then bring it back to speed like on a dl-4, you can record 2 phrases and with just one switch, you can flip between both easily which makes it nice for solo stuff.

It has about 2.5min of recording time which should be enough to do solo stuff.

The only thing is that it doesn't have any long lasting saving ability but I suppose live, it doesn't matter, no?

• Members

The rc-50 looks really nice but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe might be better but I really like the fact that with the boomerang, you got that replay level joggle you can easily move with your foot while on the boss, it seems a bit too small to do it by foot!

• Members

The rc-50 looks really nice but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe might be better but I really like the fact that with the boomerang, you got that replay level joggle you can easily move with your foot while on the boss, it seems a bit too small to do it by foot!

You can hook up expression pedals for just about everything on the RC-50.

• Members

I was really looking for either the boss rc-50 or boomerang looper about a month ago. I ultimately got a lap top and midi controller to do that, but what I gathered was the boss has more features and the boomerang is much simpler and intuitive. The boomerang is built like a tank, and to be able to be operated solely with your foot. The rc-50 can store loops, play drum patterns, do different phrases, but looking at it, it's obviously more complicated.

Archived