What pedal power unit is for me?

• Members

Ok, so finally I'm going to do things right and tidy up my pedalboard. I played an outdoor festival yesterday and it took me more than 5 minutes to set up my board which for me is way too long. (Maybe since I've got 6-7 power supplies to plug in and set up)

So I'm going to buy a propper pedal powering unit to both shorten my setup time and make things nice and clean.

So what I've got to power is the following:

Boss Tu-2

Fulltone Fulldrive II

Danelectro EQ

Ibanez DE7

EHX SMM/h

Moog Ring Modulator

Ibanez CP9

Digitech Whammy 4

So I need 7x9v plug (Moog is 9 right?) and one 24v or two 12v for the Whammy. And on top of all things it has to be able to work for the european electric system.

So can anyone out there help me? I've checked out the Fuel Tank, it would've been perfect if it weren't for the ac/dc switch on the 12 volts. How's the Pedal Power II Plus for my needs?

• Members

All of these:

Boss Tu-2

Fulltone Fulldrive II

Danelectro EQ

Ibanez DE7

Ibanez CP9

are regular 9vDC pedals with reasonable current draws. The TU-2 and DE-7 are the highest, with around 40mA draw, while the other three draw 10-15mA max.

The EHX SMM/h is also 9vDC, but needs 200mA to work properly.

The Moog Ring Modulator will need a center positive plug to work, and may want to have its own power source to avoid noise (either a separate adapter or its own output on a psu with isolated outputs, like the PP2+). it is regular negative ground

The Digitech Whammy 4 needs 9 volts AC, not 24 volts DC.

The Fuel Tank Classic has 500mA total available from the 9vDC jacks, which will be enough for all of the 9vDC pedals. But all those jacks are wired in parallel, which could cause noise with some pedals, so make sure you can return it if it doesn't work. The Moog should be happy from the 12vDC output, as long as you remember to use a reverse polarity cable (center positive at the pedal end). But... the AC output is 12 volts rather than 9, which may be too much for the Whammy. Check with Digitech if its voltage regulator will be able to handle the extra input voltage.

Also, you could look into the Burkey Flatliner Pro (www.burkey.nl). It will be able to power everything safely and quietly, but you need to have plenty of room for it.

/Andreas

• Members

I would just use a OneSpot and some daisy chain cables. I have used one for years. They work right out of the box with 240v too. You'll still need the whammy adapter, but you can get a reverse polarity adapter for the moog.

• Members

I've been daisy chaining most of the 9v (except for the moog) pedals from the TU2 and has worked fine with out any added noise. I'll go and check tomorrow if the PP2+ would be enough for me. I'd like to be able to have everything in just one powerchord, except for my ADA flanger which has a built in power suplly+chord.

Archived