Played on a Flextone III and... WOW!! It was terrible!

DanJep

• Members

I lent my friend my Hotrod for a gig and used a flextone III that ways laying around for a rehearsal.

I felt like someone made a cab by putting an 8" speaker in a cardboard box lined with tin foil then dropped it in a round metal container...

I tweaked with that stupid amp for over an hour and couldn't get my pedals to sound anything close to what I'm used to with my fender...

Next time someone borrows my amp... I'm bringing my blackheart when I play somewhere!

• Members

yeah sorry to hear that man.

at least you werent like me and when you were 15 decided you wanted a flaxtone 2 head. not only that, my friend let me buy it on his credit card and pay him back. bad idea. haha i was stuck with that amp for over a year. i sold it and bought a classic 50 immediately.

• Members

yeah sorry to hear that man.

at least you werent like me and when you were 15 decided you wanted a flaxtone 2 head. not only that, my friend let me buy it on his credit card and pay him back. bad idea. haha i was stuck with that amp for over a year. i sold it and bought a classic 50 immediately.

I had forgotten how bad they were... I had an original flextone years ago and didn't know what the tonez were...

• Members

Sounds like an experience I had upon finding that the only spare amp a rehearsal place had was a MG250 DFX.

Apparently the JCM800 that I had been offered had a problem; explained to me as 'one of them glass things in the back of it isn't making noise no more'

Lovely.

• Members

I lent my friend my Hotrod for a gig and used a flextone III that ways laying around for a rehearsal.

I felt like someone made a cab by putting an 8" speaker in a cardboard box lined with tin foil then dropped it in a round metal container...

I tweaked with that stupid amp for over an hour and couldn't get my pedals to sound anything close to what I'm used to with my fender...

Next time someone borrows my amp... I'm bringing my blackheart when I play somewhere!

I just bought a Blackheart Little Giant.

I really like it. Its perfect for practice and I may even use it to record!

• Members

I just bought a Blackheart Little Giant.

I really like it. Its perfect for practice and I may even use it to record!

That is the best little amp... you won't regret that purchase!

• Members

I've been told that the Flextone amps only sound marginally good when used with a decent 4x12 cab (NOT including the Line6 cabs).

I used to have a FlextoneII combo. I liked it for a little while, got a sound that I liked which has been difficult to replicate since, but soon learned that no matter what I did with it, it was going to sound terrible. At the time when I fell for BBE's marketing ploy of their Sonic Maximiser, I tried that to attempt to improve the tone, and it failed miserably.

Honestly I regret buying that amp. I thought it was convenient that it had a bunch of amp models and effects, and a speaker, in one package. The thing is, you had to get a huge pedalboard that cost the same price as the amp itself, just to access half of the amp's functions. What a rip off! icon_smile_pissed.gif

And then Line6 released the PODxt Live. :o

• Members

That amp is what I have to thank for inspiring me to buy a new amp:)

• Members

You're nick'ed "bluesman", you have a Fender Hotrod, and let me guess, you play a Fender Strat through a TubeScreamer. So I'm sure you had absolutely no opinion about modeling amps before you played it, right? :rolleyes:

• Members
You're nick'ed "bluesman", you have a Fender Hotrod, and let me guess, you play a Fender Strat through a TubeScreamer. So I'm sure you had absolutely no opinion about modeling amps before you played it, right?
:rolleyes:

bluesmann with 2 Ns I used too have 2 hotrods but now use a tone king and a zinky supro. I play classic rock and blues so what else would i use but a tube screamer and a fuzz?

Modeling done well is great for recording and the same goes into a tube power amp for live gigs.
Line 6 aint there because they make their garbage too cheaply and try to sell for big bucks thinking many will fall for their hype. Aint no quality there dude and they don't stand up to real playing conditions. Name one real professional playing their amps in concert...........

• Members
bluesmann with 2 Ns I used too have 2 hotrods but now use a tone king and a zinky supro. I play classic rock and blues so what else would i use but a tube screamer and a fuzz?

Modeling done well is great for recording and the same goes into a tube power amp for live gigs.

Line 6 aint there because they make their garbage too cheaply and try to sell for big bucks thinking many will fall for their hype. Aint no quality there dude and they don't stand up to real playing conditions. Name one real professional playing their amps in concert...........

As much as I hate bluesmann's Avatar, I'd agree with him on this one. Maybe on bedroom volume, it may be acceptable but on live settings, it just doesn't give much to what you paid for. :evil:

• Members

i played through one once at one of my old bands rehearsals (i think it was the drummer's) and i though it sounded pretty good on its own. i was just plugging my guitar straight in mind you. line 6 amps are pretty notorious for not taking pedals well though.

slightly ot: im pretty excited about that new m13 stompbox modeler coming out. anyone else? i just really hope its reliable. the amount of problems i hear about with the dl4's and the like is crazy.

• Members

Been there done that. First I had a Marshall MG15CD as my first amp. Didn't know anything about amps back then but hey, Marshall make cool amps. All the big pros use them.

Okay so fast forward a year or two. Didn't like it too much so I lined the amp into my computer into a guitar rig-like app. Had about 2 or 3 amp models in a row and thought it sounded badass.

Then I didn't like it anymore so I bought a Line6 Pod. And I actually ran that into the Marshall amp until just almost a year ago when I got my VC30 which started my journey of decent tonez. Breaks my heart just thinking about how stupid I was. Stupid.

But hey, the videos on Line6.com actually make it seem decent so I can't blame myself too much.

Archived