OK, Amp Is Here. Help Please. It's Buggered To F*CK!

NetStar

• Members

Sharon Campbell

Silverwing Uk LTD

Unit 31 CWNDU Industrial Estate

Carmarthen Road

Swansea

CF62 3BD

It's obviously been shipped through UPS on their account.

Go get her, big boy.

Gotcha...Hopefully

I have a meeting in Swansea tomorrow is it a music shop? If so will go check

them out.

• Members

I have a meeting in Swansea tomorrow is it a music shop? If so will go check

them out.

No, it's a {censored}ing ...this place

silverwinguk.com

They've obviously just sent the Package through on their business account. You, no; fine, nothing to do with me...but the {censored}ng thing doesn't work!

• Members

Sharon Campbell

Silverwing Uk LTD

Unit 31 CWNDU Industrial Estate

Carmarthen Road

Swansea

CF62 3BD

It's obviously been shipped through UPS on their account.

You should see their website. They make inspection equipment. One such piece of equipment is the 'flaw detector'. Clearly their gear doesn't work on amps...

http://www.silverwinguk.com/

• Members
No, it's a {censored}ing ...this place

silverwinguk.com

They've obviously just sent the Package through on their business account. You, no; fine, nothing to do with me...but the {censored}ng thing doesn't work!

Yeah just saw they are an engineering firm :(

• Members

I would mention the volume pot and scratches but say that you are willing to graciously let those issues go as long as he coughs up for the speaker. Volume pots get scratchy and it probably just needs a shot of pot cleaner; not a big deal. Scratches are irritating, but you didn't buy it to look at it, did you? And valves... You should always expect to re-valve any used amp you buy.

So the only substantial issue is the speaker. His failing to disclose its condition is bull{censored} and grounds to void the contract (believe it or not, auctions are a contract, and he has an obligation to deliver, especially when the terms were his own). I would not go fishing for a significantly better speaker; your right here is to be placed in the same position you expected when you made the contract. Figure out what speaker is in the cab now, and what a comparable replacement would be. Then, ideally, find a decent list price for it and have him just pay you that amount so you can apply the amount to a better speaker, if that's what you prefer.

• Members

I would mention the volume pot and scratches but say that you are willing to graciously let those issues go as long as he coughs up for the speaker. Volume pots get scratchy and it probably just needs a shot of pot cleaner; not a big deal. Scratches are irritating, but you didn't buy it to look at it, did you? And valves... You should always expect to re-valve any used amp you buy.

So the only substantial issue is the speaker. His failing to disclose its condition is bull{censored} and grounds to void the contract (believe it or not, auctions are a contract, and he has an obligation to deliver, especially when the terms were his own). I would not go fishing for a significantly better speaker; your right here is to be placed in the same position you expected when you made the contract. Figure out what speaker is in the cab now, and what a comparable replacement would be. Then, ideally, find a decent list price for it and have him just pay you that amount so you can apply the amount to a better speaker, if that's what you prefer.

That's fine. Agreed and understood. Also agreed on the scratchy pots and general cosmetic glitches. i will however use them as bartering tools as you say.

What would be a good replacement? Greenback? Vintage 30?

Archived