yay, NPD -- Skreddy time!

Bobby D

• Members

Finally, after much searching, my Lunar Module landed.

I was trying to order one, but 2 1/2 month wait.....pedals are all about instant gratification :p

I got hooked up by a forum bro, he wasn't in love with it, and sold it to me for the price he paid, which is cool.

I am a fuzz junkie, and have owned most of them, either vintage, boutique, or mainstream. But Skreddy has come around in the last few years, and I had not had the pleasure of a Mayo, or a Zero, or a Pink Flesh.

However, I was intrigued by the Lunar Module. I like silicon fuzz better than GE fuzz for my own style.

The thing is built VERY well. I like the two adjustable trimmers on either side to fine tune it. Haven't messed with them though....

Basically, with all knobs at 12 o'clock high, the damn thing sounds JUST GREAT with my strat.

Cleans up really nice with a quick flick of the guitar volume knob too.

Nice and dynamic, it is capable of some pretty serious heavy fuzz with the gain maxed. But I like the sort of darker tonality of this fuzz. Not muffled, but darker....hard to explain.

Haven't had the chance to fully explore it within my pedalboard environment to see how it interacts with my other toys....that happens at rehearsal tomorrow night!

• Members

Best silicon fuzz ever. I did a shootout with a 200 lbs and the LM and the LM blew the 200 away. The 200 lbs is a great fuzz, but the LM is amazing.

the 200lbs is an interesting fuzz as well, but more for a smoother tone fuzz. I think that one could find a home on my board as well, but I am running out of room!

The Lunar Module covers most of the ground that I want to cover. I figured I had better get one now, before they become $400 like the Pink Flesh and Mayo....

• Members

I had a Screw Driver for a bit, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I wanted the fuzzy overdrive kinda thing, but the Screw Driver didn't cut it for me. Could've been the fact that I had an early version, but either way, I really found what I was looking for in the Keeley Fuzz Head.

Nothing beats the Mayo for high gain fuzz though .... that thing is money.

• Members

Skreddys are the {censored}. I love my Lunar Module. Having the input buffer/trimmer definitely comes in handy when switching from SC's, HB's, and active pickups. True Fuzz Faces/clones sound like ass with actives.

does that active buffer on the front end help the Lunar Module to play nicer with wahs???? A lot of fuzz pedals dont like wah pedals....I won't get to try it with my full rig until tomorrow...damnit....

• Members
I'm with ya; fuzz ain't my thing either, and I've tried tons.

But I ordered a TF for another try.

It really depends upon the fuzz in question, and how you use it.

I didn't like fuzz for a long time, much more of an overdrive/distortion kinda guy.

But I really like the Lunar Module so far, and I am interested in the other Skreddys....Pink FLesh would be mighty nice. I want to have one Big Muff style fuzz in my arsenal.

That red glitter Pink Flesh is SEXXXY man:love::love::love:.....if you ever decide to move it, PM me first :thu:

• Members

I am thinking seriously about teh Top Fuel, but don't want something that is too close tonally to the LM.

I really really really want a Pink Flesh, though. I want one of Marc's takes on the big muff....

Archived