OT: NHD

dap99

• Members

Yup, new House day!

Signed the papers and got the keys. Gonna have the parents and in-laws over for pizza and cheap champagne tonight and then tomorrow we start w/ the cleaning and moving. Gonna be a hot and humid one here in the NE:facepalm: Not looking forward to that. Or the aggravations that go w/ homeownership, but it'll be nice to be paying our own mortgage rather than someonelse's.

• Members

sweet dude....

How old are you? Young to be owning a house?

Ha, I wish I was younger and buying a house! I'm an old fart at 35. Though I'm told I look 34. Srsly, I get mistaken for 25+ which is nice.

Thanks for the congrats guys. I doubt there will be pics. It's a humble little cap cod. I'll post pics of the Man Cave when it's done. Gonna go bonkers on the pedal making! Can't wait!:thu:

• Members

Congrats Dave!!

I too will be buying a home within a year and a half.

I'm trying to save up as much as I can and take advantage of the housing market while its still good for buyers.

As far as I've heard, its only getting worse so that will be good for me.

• Members

Welcome to the world of MASSIVE DEBT! Seriously though, congrats!

Already there w/ the college loans. At least now we'll be building equity and able to get some tax breaks. God, this makes me sound old. Maybe I'll just {censored}can the whole idea, fake my own death, and move in w/ pbone and echodeluxe out west. :cool:

• Members

Welcome to the world of MASSIVE DEBT! Seriously though, congrats!

honestly, for me owning a house isn't that bad. I pay nearly the same as I did with rent but I'm not throwing the money away every month. Plus no one can evict me except maybe the bank if I don't make my payments.

• Members

honestly, for me owning a house isn't that bad. I pay nearly the same as I did with rent but I'm not throwing the money away every month. Plus no one can evict me except maybe the bank if I don't make my payments.

:thu:

And, now I can shoot people for trespassing.

• Members

congratulations dave. i also am a proud new home owner. it's a good feeling to be putting your money into something instead of giving it away every month.

it is a damn good feeling for me too.

I sit at the back of my property by the stream in the tree house I built for the kids and never thought I'd have a house like this and I am very thankful.

No it won't be the cover of Better Homes but it's ours and we love it.

Congrats again Mr. 99

• Members

:lol:'d Nah, NY. I don't own a gun. I was just joshin'.

yeah, you said NE in the OP. I was just kidding, as well. I don't know which states you'd get away with shooting trespassers, but Texas might be the only one where you can shoot two people in the back for trespassing on your neighbor's property and get away with it.

• Members

My wife and I bought our house 3 years ago and now we're going through the remodeling phase. It'll be very gratifying once we're finished but it's taking a lot of time & $$$. If I never have to go to Lowe's again I'll die happy.

Making nice with the new neighbors is usually a wise first step. Having good neighbors that look out for your {censored} is crucial. Have fun neighbors you can party with is even cooler.

Archived