Yet Another Gear Page Gem

pbone

• Members

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=4394664#post4394664

A guy does a run down of several boosts. It's called the "Corksniffer Boost Shootout".

The pedals are the "RC Booster, Radial PB-1, Catalinbread Serrano Picoso, Menatone Boost (in the workinman's blue, KOTB, TBC etc), Klon (from recent memory), Boost side of Box of Rock (like SHO), from memory, and 5 position Rangemaster type (by local builder)"

First off, OF {censored}ING COURSE, is the op saying if it's "hard bypass" or not. Corksniffery strike one.

Then:

- RC Booster. Everyone loves this, and so do I. It is hard bypassed, but as a TOP pedal builder told me,
once you add bass and treble to the circuit, it's going to change the tone (mids) a bit. And it does, ever so slightly. So I'll sell this too. Darn.

In other words, it changes his perfect {censored}ing tone so goddamned slightly that it is just unacceptable for him to keep it. Corksniffery strike two.

There are other misdemeanors, but the K comes when someone says:

The Durham Sex Drive is the one for me.

Yup. But it does add clarity, it doesn't just boost the signal

Because who the {censored} would ever want clarity? DAMN THOSE GOOD BUFFERS.

• Members

The Hendrix way:

Give me a guitar, some pedals, an amp and I'll play.

The TGP way:

I can't possibly play unless this, this, this and this are right. Even then, something can be improved.

Lies I would like to spread to TGP:

I always take a compass with me to every gig. This is so I can deduce the direction of magnetic North. I then tape an arrow on the floor pointing to magnetic North and align myself when playing so that the headstock points to magnetic North. The magnets in my pickups produce better sound this way because polepiece magnets and magnetic North are aligned as one.

• Members
The funny thing is, if you compare TGP to HCFX and then HCFX to n00b-forums like Ultimate Guitar, the guys at TGP are just as weird compared to us as we are compared to UG.

I think the guys on TGP take themselves way too seriously, we at least have a laugh here.

Another thing, I've heard some clips of the guys from TGP and it would suit some of them a lot more if they concentrated on their playing instead of buying expensive gear. ;)

• Members

TGP is a good place for information if you're looking for high-end information.

The fact that you can't rip someone's reality apart is a terrible show of a lack of quality control though. Sometimes, {censored} just gets a little too out of hand. But a lot of builders (amps, guitars, and effects alike) go there, and I've had a couple questions there that I haven't had answered here.

It's give and take.

• Members

The funny thing is, if you compare TGP to HCFX and then HCFX to n00b-forums like Ultimate Guitar, the guys at TGP are just as weird compared to us as we are compared to UG.

yeah, we're the middle ground.

the thing is, even if you're completely new to effects, you'll probably get your question answered here. At TGP, you're not going to get any info if you aren't looking to spend at least $200+ on a piece of gear ...and at least another $100 on cables to hook it up

• Members

That's because people at UG are terminally retarded.

Archived