Noisy Ernie Ball Vol/Pan pedal

• Members

Hi all,

I use an Ernie Ball Stereo Volume/Pan pedal to select b/w the piezo pickup and regular pickups in my Schecter C-1 A/E. I noticed last sunday that it makes a fuzzy scratching kind of sound when I'm moving it--loud enough to be heard above the music.

Any ideas I can try or easy fix-its? It's an older model pedal with the ins/outs on the sides.

Thanks!

Jesse

• Members

Hi all,

I use an Ernie Ball Stereo Volume/Pan pedal to select b/w the piezo pickup and regular pickups in my Schecter C-1 A/E. I noticed last sunday that it makes a fuzzy scratching kind of sound when I'm moving it--loud enough to be heard above the music.

Any ideas I can try or easy fix-its? It's an older model pedal with the ins/outs on the sides.

Thanks!

Jesse

try cleaning the pot with contact cleaner spray. You can find it at radioshack for about $7.

• Members

I switched direct boxes to a Behringer "Ultra D.I." on the piezo side of my signal chain (since that's where all the noise was) and that seems to filter out about 90% of the sound, which is great. I'm sure the pedal's still dirty though, but this works for me.

Archived