OT: Help out a local Musician!! Stolen Gear

• Members
fender black face 1965
deluxe reverb amp. there is a black fender cover with it.

- small coffin sized pedal board. the contents of the pedal board are as follows:

chrome klon centaur pedal
, with 3 burgundy/red knobs

teese rmc wah 3
- it is dark gray

* ibanez delay pedal (it is black with blue lettering, and it has the words 'sound tank' on it)

* green lehle 3 - 1 switching pedal

* dunlop dc brick power supply and power cables

* yellow boss odb-3 overdrive pedal. this is a bass overdrive pedal

* ernie ball jr volume pedal.

Ouch... this is terrible man. I feel for this guy... Someone also stole all my guitar gears 2 years ago also inside my car. I hope he can still recover his items. :mad::facepalm:

• Members

I hear stories like this all the time - at least once a month locally. DO NOT leave your gear unattended in your car overnight, it's just stupid. Always have someone on guard when loading and unloading.

It's sad, but usually the people it happens to are either careless or way too trusting.

• Members
sucks man, I've heard stories of dudes driving home from a gig with people following them, waiting until things were quiet and breaking into the gear truck. I hate {censored}ing thieves.
:mad:

That's why part of my gigbag gear includes GLOCK.

NEVER EVER EVER leave your guitars in the car/van/truck. PERIOD.

My bassist had his vintage early 80s Musicman bass stolen. He still hasn't gotten over it.

You want my guitar? You will get more than you bargained for....

• Members

Yeah reminds me of the time me a the fellas all drunked up and what not , coming out of the club after the gig "we packed early being the opener an all, and here's is this lonesome stranger bustin' into the back of the F-350 so I being the badger of the pack and the smallest 5'6" 150 poundas of all muscle and he was about the same so I took him down put my keys to his neck and asked him if he wanted to live through the nite , he replied yes , so I asked him what the {censored} you doin' {censored}in' with our gear ,and he had no reply so I beat him FUBAR and we bolted ...

5'6 150 lbs, and you're attacking people with your keys? You sir, are a very brave man.

I'm just thinking about this thief in the original post. I'm guessing he's not a musician, or knows the varying values of different effects pedals, so I'm wondering who out there is about to get the deal of a lifetime on a Klon.

• Members
Agreed even though it's my ass if I get caught I'm strapped anytime I'm out of the house these days , as is the majority of the Central Nothern Coast . The story I tell a few post above was back in the mid 80's in the Bay Area which was a stupid move on my part but I got the jump on him while in the act of a B&E .

yeah -- roger that!

That's why I prefer to live in the Gunshine state, I mean "Sunshine State", good old Florida.

I used to work in the jewelry district in downtown Miami, and we have had people followed home because they were wearing a gold Rolex, and robbed right in their damn driveways.

I was playing a '57 strat (real one) a few years ago, and was doing a gig at a really seedy club in central Florida. the guitar had been refinned, and did not have a fender decal on the headstock, so i thought i was safe.

some guy keeps coming up on break to talk about the guitar..."wow, that's a one-piece swamp ash body"..."that neck looks like it's from the 50s"...etc etc etc....guy KNEW what he was looking at. and it CREEPED me out, becaise even as a refin that guitar was worth $10,000...and what's to stop some guy from following you into the parking lot after you tear down, sticking a gun in your face, and taking the guitar away from you?

they will have to pry my '69 from my cold dead hands, though....after i empty three magazines full of speer gold dots, empty my backup piece, and stick someone with my Al Mar SERE 2000.:mad:

I have been extremely lucky when it comes to my guitars...BUT.....I have never left them unattended. I folow the rules laid out by the good Reverend Patrick Murphy from St. Augustine Florida:

QUOTE:
"A Gun is Like a Good Guitar....Never pawn it, never leave it at a gig, and if you know how to use it, it can always make you money"

Reverend Patrick Nicholas Murphy

Archived