Adding a Dry/Wet mix knob to a pedal? parts and instructions available anywhere?

gambit

• Members

my small stone drops in volume and isn't subtle enough. sounds great blended with the clean signal but i'd like to add it as a mod to the pedal rather have a whole other looper with blend to use with it.

it would be a novice attempt aswell, (unless anyone in the UK can do this kind of thing) so are there specifc parts around i should look for or any typical instructions online?

i'd quite like to replace the depth switch for a variable knob aswell. i've seen one guy in the UK does this but i think he charges

• Members

For the effort you could just buy a phaser with more knobs on it. Seeing as there's a volume drop already, you couldn't mix the signals passively because they'd be very weak. You'd need a booster, splitter and mixer circuit. As for a depth dial, I would have thought they have two different cap values on the switch, otherwise they'd have used a pot in the first place. Maybe you could put in a rotary switch with different cap values.

• Members

i just posted on the toadworks forum after remembering Phil's thread about 'The Device' that was a mini booster he installed inside another pedal. -

something like that should sort out any kind of post-mixed-signals drop in volume wouldn't it?

Any sort of booster will work after your mixed signal.

• Members

my small stone drops in volume and isn't subtle enough. sounds great blended with the clean signal but i'd like to add it as a mod to the pedal rather have a whole other looper with blend to use with it.

it would be a novice attempt aswell, (unless anyone in the UK can do this kind of thing) so are there specifc parts around i should look for or any typical instructions online?

i'd quite like to replace the depth switch for a variable knob aswell. i've seen one guy in the UK does this but i think he charges

i just posted on the toadworks forum after remembering Phil's thread about 'The Device' that was a mini booster he installed inside another pedal. -
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1972849&highlight=device

something like that should sort out any kind of post-mixed-signals drop in volume wouldn't it?

The Device is incredibly cool and very useful for anyone with a pedal that suffers from either a volume boost or volume drop when engaged. :)

As far as building a wet / dry knob, it shouldn't be too difficult to design something if you have a bit of electronics experience... if not, I'm sure someone else has already done so, but I am not aware of any links / schematics.

Did you ask over on the DIY forum here on HC? They might be able to help steer you in the right direction. :idea::)

• Members

I know SOMEONE here has to have info on adding a dry/wet knob.

Where's the guy that makes the MixMuff. :poke:

Oh noes! :rolleyes::facepalm:

Actually already has a mix circuit, basically change the 30K to a pot. But this will affect (increase with clean) level, so mostly just reduce the phase signal, maybe split the 27k on the phase side to 10 and 15 with a "reverse" volume control between (with an added cap) maybe 25K.

The level is best dealt with at the input stage, which is about 2x but loses over half of the clean at the mixer etc., still 90-95% of full clean plus the phase signal about the same, but apparently cancels a lot due to the phase. Note output impedance is about 15K which can be loaded down slightly (especially as by some EH products).

The color switch is a DPDT, looks to increase sweep range and feedback, could add a knob for the feedback. Incidently, looks like feedback is affected somewhat by guitar/vol. control/input impedance, fuzz style.

Archived