Who is your favourite bassist?

Crxsh

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i finally can post a video of this guy...(followed by posts of thanks...lol)

That is just ..... amazing.

And speaking of the Jaco references, I got to see his two sons play last summer. One is a drummer and the other plays bass .... they've got a 3-piece thing going on and I was REALLY impressed. My uncle is a pretty good bass player and he took me to see them play ....... wow.

• Members

Gotta be Steve Harris (of Iron Maiden), hands down. And not just for technique and taste, but for overall songwriting talent.

I can't think of any other bassist that turned out five top-notch albums in a row. Even Rush, Sabbath, and Zeppelin had some really bad/forgettable moments from album to album. (But singers, guitarists, and drummers gets a little easier, as one can add-in Metallica and Megadeth.)

• Members

Most underrated bass player; that dude from Faith No More, whatever his name is.

MARK KING from Level 42. Just YOUTUBE some and see him slapping that bitchy bassguitar like a depraved spank-slut while singing about love and all..:confused::):love:

Let's not forget Flea...

Guess i like "Slappers"

Some of the name's mentioned on this post really make no sense. Bassplayers aren't good just because they play with good musicians and you fancy their ass?!? Most of the time they are lesser guitarists who are friends of the band and are easily replaced by the guy at the burger king, especially in metal. There are few GOOD bass players

Archived