Who is your favourite bassist?

Crxsh

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Great call. . . completely underrated as a player, and his lines in a lot of those early Kinks songs are really interesting.

Mike Mills from REM is also a great player, and equally underrated.

indeed :thu:

4QGgeVPOjMU

• Members

i finally can post a video of this guy...(followed by posts of thanks...lol)

I went to namm a few years ago and got to watch bill do a solo set at the amplitube booth from about three feet away. I've never seen anyone with that much technical skill on the bass. It was really mind boggling

I'm a bassist but I don't really have a 'favorite'. Probably jaco and paul chambers though

• Members
I went to namm a few years ago and got to watch bill do a solo set at the amplitube booth from about three feet away. I've never seen anyone with that much technical skill on the bass. It was really mind boggling

I'm a bassist but I don't really have a 'favorite'. Probably jaco and paul chambers though

thats awesome that you got to see him...i dont play bass but what he does is just amazing, plus him playing on a 7 string or 8 string bass is crazy...he plays the funk so well...he makes it seem so easy. makes me want to play bass :idea:

• Members

Anyone who doesn't know who Rob Wasserman is... Check him out. He is unique.

Also, I've been digging upright bass for the past few years, but I can't name a single player.

Archived