New Mogwai

placebo62

• Members

Cool, thanks. I grabbed it. I keep trying to like them, but I fall short.

Are they a live band that you really have to see to get? I find a lot of it very boring. I love GSYBE!, so I'm not exacly averse to instrumentals.

• Members
That's almost cruel. I saw them in Edinburgh a couple of years ago and the following day it hurt to answer a phone.

Hence the earplugs. I've seen them about 5 or 6 times and wearing earplugs definitely removes the pain/damage loss aspect.

If you get some good ones you dont lose any sound quality either :thu:

• Members

Are they a live band that you really have to see to get? I find a lot of it very boring. I love GSYBE!, so I'm not exacly averse to instrumentals.

They're definitely worth seeing live. But like I said above, wear good quality earplugs unless you want to damage yourself.

You might want to give this a listen:

http://www.archive.org/details/mogwai2006-05-03.sbd.remaster.flac16

Someone posted it here a while back---phenomenal setlist and great sound quality.

• Members

Nice, I'm off to download it now.

I've got tickets to see them in October...need to dust off the earplugs! (and buy a set for my girlfriend---her first ever gig!!)

Very cool, I think Mogwai were the first 'International' band I ever saw, about 10 years back. rock on

• Members

I guess if you dont like the recordings you probably wont like them any better live. Live its just the same but a million times louder. :love:

• Members

Thanks for the info Placebo. They're playing in San Francisco in Sept!!!! It will be great to see them then Sigur Ros in Oct.

Oh yeah.

Very cool. Love both those bands. I'm giving Sigur Ros a miss when they tour my town this time though.

• Members
first minus the bear acoustic and now new mogwai what a great night

:eek::eek::eek: I'm so checking the new mogwai out later on (my wireless conection is acting dumb right now), but did you just say acoustic minus the bear????

great night indeed :thu:

Archived