Buying an XP-300 Space Station

MrDurden

• Members

I bumped into a pretty good condition space station in a shop around where i live and the price tag is 179. I really want to try it out, but if i decide its not my thing well, 179 is alot of money. The shop doesent take returns, so my question is: What do these usually go for pricewise on ebay? how much would the resell value be?

Thanks in advance

• Members

Well i brought it home with me. 175, no box or power supply, but im using my wh4's to power it. I'm really liking the synth and reverse delay settings. Setting #4 sounds alomost exactly like a volume swell with a DMM on chorus mode, which i use allot. Its growing on me, not sure ill keep it though.

• Members

Well i brought it home with me. 175, no box or power supply, but im using my wh4's to power it. I'm really liking the synth and reverse delay settings. Setting #4 sounds alomost exactly like a volume swell with a DMM on chorus mode, which i use allot. Its growing on me, not sure ill keep it though.

Be sure to listen to it in stereo. It really shines best when panned hard left and right, especially modes 1-8. You can hear the delay ping-pong back and forth, like the SMMH.

Patch 28, which I think is the hold&sample preset, sounds best if you put it in front of a tightly squeezed compressor to mellow out the peaks. It's a really cool effect, and the XP-300 is one of the only boxes I know that gives expression control over the rate of the filters.

Give it a chance to grow on you.

Archived