Just for fun ... old concert ticket stubs.

• Members

Found an ancient scrapbook recently. A few pages REALLY flooded back some treasured memories. Check the prices! The Boston show was VERY good. Sammy Hagar opened for them. His entire stage rig was fire engine red. Amps, drums, guitars, his leather outfit, and the Trans Am parked on the stage ... that actually ran! And ELP was surreal. Had the ELP/Hendrix marriage ever actually happened, hard telling what would have happened to prog rock .. and ELP.

Enjoy!! And share your stubs!!!! :thu:

Tix-001.jpg

Tix-002.jpg

Tix-003.jpg

Tix-004.jpg

Tix-005.jpg

Yea ..... "I wish those days .. would ... come back once more" (Stevie Wonder)

IMGP1283.jpg

Haahaa!! :) Thanks!

• Members

All of my ticket stubs in a shoe box and its almost full. I have this really cool coffee table that has a glass top and I am going to lay out all of the tickets under that glass. Saw it done by a friend of mine with all of his hockey stubs and it looked great!

• Members

DUDE!

I saw that Boston/Sammy Hagar tour....that was my FAVORITE ERA of Sammy (well, I liked Montrose too)

The "Red" era Sammy was SLAMMING.....I loved it when he played the lap steel.

i personally thought he blew Boston off the stage on the night I saw them (Charlotte NC at the Coliseum)

• Members

I save my concert stubs too. I don't have pictures though. My oldest is David Bowie from the 1990 Sound and Vision tour. It was the second concert I ever went to (1st was the Monkees in '86). I think it cost $26 plus fees and I remember thinking that was outrageous. I wish I still had my Nirvana stub from '93 but all the print faded away.

• Members

DUDE!

I saw that Boston/Sammy Hagar tour....that was my FAVORITE ERA of Sammy (well, I liked Montrose too)

i personally thought he blew Boston off the stage on the night I saw them (Charlotte NC at the Coliseum)

That whole thing witht the lap steel was a trip!! He sat on the edge of the stage and just ripped a new one with that thing ... he broke into the "engine" intro of Bad Motor Scooter, then he stood up and swung it around like an olympic hammer thrower and tossed it out into the crowd!!

Friggin AWESOME!!:thu:

Did Scholz do the whole "Phantom of the Opera" thing during "Smokin." when you saw them? With the pipe organ and the gold cape and the gold Converse All Stars? I thought his guitar solo section was an absolute stone-out mind blowing thing, with the pitch pedal and all. That whole show sat embedded in my head for weeks after I saw it.

Great shows from a great time in Rock history... :)

• Members

I save mine as well. Must be about 60 or so in drawer under my bed. It really pisses me off that at a lot of gigs over here now they give you an armband and take the whole ticket off you :mad:

Its funny, but I can look at every stub and remember who I went with, even though I may not remember what the actual gig was like.

• Members

Brian my friend, you are one classic cat. That's the coolest thread I've seen yet. I wish I was clever enough to save my stubs. Most of the time I try, but then I loose them or they get washed in the laundry. Hahaha, that made me laugh. That just gave me an idea, I'm gonna piggy back off this thread and start a ticket stub thread. I hope you don't mind, actually I'm sure you won't cause you're a kickass dude...and you're family. (wink wink)

• Members

I have a collage I made of old ticket stubs, mostly from the 70's. Speaking of cheap ticket prices, the one that stands out the most is Springsteen/E St Band, with Chick Corea/Return To Forever opening (one of the strangest billings ever) - $2 in advance, $4 at the door!! (at a community college in the Philadelphia area).

Also:

Mahavishnu Orchestra - $5.

Herbie Hancock/Headhunters - $4

Grateful Dead - $8.50

Santana (at Red Rocks) - $9.95

Todd Rundgren/Utopia - $10

Stanley Clark/ John McLaughlin Band - $7

George Benson (at Red Rocks) - $11.50

and the list goes on...

Those were the days, indeed!

• Members

there's a bar in brussels that has a ceiling with wooden beams. they are FULL of concert tickets. all the classics are there and they keep on adding new tickets. you can read the history of many venues by looking at the ceiling of that bar.

• Members

Someone likes Styx
:p

Totally guilty!! :facepalm: OMG! I know! It was a total phase when I was in my late teens. ANTHING to get away from the disco crud that all the kids in my small town school were listening too. I completely gave up on them when stuff like "Babe" hit the airwaves. Lyrics from Grand Illusion, Equinox, Crystal Ball were very political, but the Pieces of 8 and Cornerstone releases were utter crap. ELP was always my "sanctuary band" though. No one I knew had even heard of them.

• Members

DUDE!

I saw the same tour and I agree 100%.

Archived