Which volume pedal colors your tone the least?

• Members

I guess do get what you pay for in this world. I just picked up a new Behringer FVC 100 of ebay for $18.99 and it sound horrible-noisy and it totally muddles my clean tone.:mad:

I've never had a volume pedal before. Somebody recommend a good, transparent sounding one?

How's the Morley for $59.99?

• Members

Did you get the wrong impedence?

Volume pedals come in two types : High Impedence (used if you are placing the volume pedal right after the guitar or first in your chain) and Low Impedence (used if you are placing the volume pedal after other pedals that have buffers)

Using the wrong one can result in weird tone problems, mainly because it isn't seeing the correct input impedence from your gear. Check that first, and if it doesn't work, get one of the new boss volume pedals. They look saucesome.

• Members

I guess do get what you pay for in this world. I just picked up a new Behringer FVC 100 of ebay for $18.99 and it sound horrible-noisy and it totally muddles my clean tone.
:mad:

I've never had a volume pedal before. Somebody recommend a good, transparent sounding one?

How's the Morley for $59.99?

ANYthing exept for Bl

• Members

Amazon.com

Search for volume pedals and get the RMS RVP-100. Great stuff. Passive, 30 bucks. Can set minimum volume and everything too.

Its $45 right now :(. Oh well I've been looking for a cheap volume pedal to put after a y split going into my second amp. Essentially im gonna use the volume pedal like the Y function on an A/B/Y box and kick it in for solos. Looks like i'll go for this. Thx!

• Members

Its $45 right now
:(
. Oh well I've been looking for a cheap volume pedal to put after a y split going into my second amp. Essentially im gonna use the volume pedal like the Y function on an A/B/Y box and kick it in for solos. Looks like i'll go for this. Thx!

Ah. Guess it was always 45. I got mine used for 30. Great pedal though, surprised really. Plastic and all, but tough and sturdy.

• Members

i have the EB and a Boss FV-300L.

vpnx9.jpg

the EB feels sturdier and smoother. its also heavier.

BUT, tone-wise, the Boss is a lot (!) better.

with both pedals, full volume will sound the same and i couldn't hear any tone coloring.

when in half volume the EB is a tone-sucker! the sound turns into a small quack, lifeless {censored} :mad:

the Boss keeps your original tone on all levels.

i guess its got to do with impedance differences (as ZepFuzz05 mentioned) and placement in the signal chain.

theres also a nice Minimum Volume feature (on the Boss) that can be handy in some situations.

• Members

Did you get the wrong impedence?

Volume pedals come in two types : High Impedence (used if you are placing the volume pedal right after the guitar or first in your chain) and Low Impedence (used if you are placing the volume pedal after other pedals that have buffers)

Using the wrong one can result in weird tone problems, mainly because it isn't seeing the correct input impedence from your gear. Check that first, and if it doesn't work, get one of the new boss volume pedals. They look saucesome.

+1! this does make a huge difference.. just picked up an EB a few days ago

Archived