So I bought me a guitar and got it behind my girlfriend's back...

Cow4prez

• Members

I think it's sad that guys have to have the consent of their girlfriends to buy a piece of gear. With a wife I'm alittle more sympathetic because they (if they both work) may combine their income to provide for their family and therefore may need to watch how they spend money, but with a girlfriend (though maybe they are almost like a wife) I think it's bull{censored}.

If you work and make your own money, buy what you want.

• Members
I think it's sad that guys have to have the consent of their girlfriends to buy a piece of gear. With a wife I'm alittle more sympathetic because they (if they both work) may combine their income to provide for their family and therefore may need to watch how they spend money, but with a girlfriend (though maybe they are almost like a wife) I think it's bull{censored}.

who's talking about hiding the new guitar behind her back? :poke::love:

• Members

so only married people combine incomes now?

• Members

No, like I said some people's gfs can be like wives or close at that level and I can understand couples combining incomes regardless or their title. When I think girlfriend I personally get the image of independence existing for both parties - he has his job and she has hers, with them making their own money they have the right to do with it what they please.

Granted if a couple lives together and needs to watch what they spend in order to live that makes sense and it would make sense to conserve your money when you need to but if you have enough, extra, of your own money, you should be able to do what you please with it and not asking your gf/bf, whatever, if you can spend it or not.

• Members

No, like I said some people's gfs can be like wives or close at that level and I can understand couples combining incomes regardless or their title. When I think girlfriend I personally get the image of independence existing for both parties - he has his job and she has hers, with them making their own money they have the right to do with it what they please.

Granted if a couple lives together and needs to watch what they spend in order to live that makes sense and it would make sense to conserve your money when you need to but if you have enough, extra, of your own money, you should be able to do what you please with it and not asking your gf/bf, whatever, if you can spend it or not.

yeah, I'm just teasing. I see what you mean.

I think you'll find plenty of folks in relationships that would classify themselves as boyfriend/girlfriend but poole their resources to pay bills, rent, holidays etc

Maybe this is as you get older. How old are you?

• Members

yeah, I'm just teasing. I see what you mean.

I think you'll find plenty of folks in relationships that would classify themselves as boyfriend/girlfriend but poole their resources to pay bills, rent, holidays etc

Maybe this is as you get older. How old are you?

I'm 23

Archived