So..... Should I go for a Carbon Copy or a SMM????

gbb

• Members

Carbon Copy or STEREO Memory Man (not Deluxe)?????? I'm thinking one of these as they are both Analog. Open to other suggestions though. Pros and Con's appreciated. Don't want to (or should I say CAN'T) spend more then $200 ..........Please keep that in mind. What do you think of the DMM with Hazarai??????

• Members

If you dont NEED to run it in stereo I'd go with the Carbon Copy. I've read great things about it and I've been really impressed with all of the demos I've seen.

And If you don't really need all of the options that the SMMH has to offer then I would go for a truly analog delay.

With that said my favorite delay is my SIB! Echodrive which is an analog sounding digital delay.

• Members

I would probably get the Carbon Copy over the Stereo Memory Man (original version). The Stereo Memory Man has limited delay time (about 300ms), and it can either be used for chorus, or for delay, but not both at the same time. However, it is discontinued, so it will be harder to come by in the coming years. The Carbon Copy has a little bit more delay time, and can use delay and chorus simultaneously.

The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai is a different beast altogether. I'd recommend it over either of the others. It has loads of features, and will entertain you for many hours making crazy noises. The tone is also very good.

• Members

Is the SMM with Hazarai too complicated though? I'm thinking it might be over kill for me to use playing out. Sounds fun to play around with but probably not practical for me. I don't think I'd use the Looping much. I'm liking the idea of the Carbon Copy. True Analog, Simple controls and alot smaller then the SMM to fit on my pedal board. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming. I am going to check that Echodrive out. Here I gooooooooo.:thu:

• Members

:blah:Ok I'm back. And quick!!!!! I saw the price of the Echodrive. Abit out of my price range. Didn't bother looking for videos or clips of it.........don't want to fall in love or anything with something I Can't afford!!:rolleyes: Another Plus for the Carbon Copy.

• Members
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to Eveil Guitar Center when they open. Gonna price match the "Goingtoday.com" Price!! $109. Can't beat that with a stick.

Hey if they actually do that LMK and I will run over there before they close! :thu:

• Members

:confused:Well now I'm kicking myself soooooooo hard for not just ording it of "Goingnow.com"!!!! They Sold out before Guitar Center even opened here at 11. That means good ole' GC doesn't have to match the price. Grrrrrrrr. So much for that idea. My lack of patience to just wait for it to be shipped bit me on the ass. :arg:

• Members

I love the people ignoring all posts in order to pimp their favorite pedal that isn't even being discussed.

That being said, Carbon Copy over SMM, but used DMM over both of them. I would try to find one used as they are so sweet and the modulation kills the Carbon Copy's. You may have to spend more but I think it is worth it.

Archived