Who's got a kaoss pad on their board?

xnickbeex

• Members

Just got a Mini-KP last night. Had it hooked up straight into some powered monitors...worked fine. I asked the salesperson for the correct cables so that I could use it in my effects chain and he gave me RCA- two seperate 1/4" cables(one to go to pedal or amp-the other into guitar or another pedal in the chain). I'm unsure as to whether I should be using the line out/line in/both. For the following setup: amp-kaoss pad-guitar. What would the exact connection be on the unit? I've tried a few different combinations and set it accordingly to be used with an instrument (guitar). it's just the connection I am unsure of. Sometimes I would get some sound (effect #26 in particular), sometimes I wouldn't...Perhaps the cable is faulty? Sounded a little scratchy when moving around (unlike the rest of the cables). Was also rather quiet in volume. Tried on two different amps. Same problem. Include pics If you can get them! that'd be just as good.

Somebody, help me!!!!!!!

• Members

Not built for guitar use (hey Jbrazz I beat you to it) so you have to work a bit to get it set up. Sounds like you've got the correct cables, going guitar->KP->Amp should be guitar cable into line in, line out to amp.

There is a volume drop on some settings, and others have added noise. I found the easiest thing to do, especially if you're using it with other effects, is put it behind a TB looper and add a boost right after. That way you can take it out of your chain when you're not using it and get your signal back to unity when you are. If you're using it straight into the amp you still may benefit from a boost after the KP.

Archived