Rate My Sons First RIG

KjStrat62

• Members

seems like you set him up just fine! at least you listened to him anf got him what he wanted.

my parents gave me an acoustic, even though i wanted electric. they spent pretty big $$$ on a used martin d-18. but then, i saw this cheapo teisco electric at a yardsale, and traded the nice martin for the cheapo electric and a silvertone amp. my parents never forgave me for that one, and never even bought me STRINGS after that:cool:

• Members

seems like you set him up just fine! at least you listened to him anf got him what he wanted.

my parents gave me an acoustic, even though i wanted electric. they spent pretty big $$$ on a used martin d-18. but then, i saw this cheapo teisco electric at a yardsale, and traded the nice martin for the cheapo electric and a silvertone amp. my parents never forgave me for that one, and never even bought me STRINGS after that:cool:

:facepalm:

I lost my facepalm virginity!!!

• Members
Put together tonight. Now he is into feedback. 13 years old . Here it is

Bursewood 1x8 Combo w Overdrive Channel

First Act Stratocaster Ebony

Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibrato

I set him up ok. Opinions??

It's ok. I would have invested a little more $$$ in the guitar/amp. Maybe a Yamaha Pacifica and a Peavey Envoy? FWIW, I am 13 also.

• Members

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh God ... triple facepalm from me. What year/era was the "used" D-18?

• Members

my dad bought me my first bass amp and bass guitar and payed for half of my first pedal (dod phaser). i didnt have distortion and i was starting to move onto using my dads guitar so i used the phaser and loud volumes/extreme settings to try to drive my bass amp lol.

also, good choice on the chicken salad :thu: you can get lots of good phaser/vibe/vibrato type noises out of it. too bad my power jack crapped out of me :poke: i wouldve payed the extra 10$ if dano just made everything in metal...

• Members
get him a first act delay!

i wish i had parents that new about gear. i basically taught myself and bought my own instruments growing up.

+1
my parents knew jack about music gear...even now (i started at 17, i'm 24 now) i've never received a "gear" oriented gift from them :cry:

oh well, at least i get what i want...

IOW, you did good in my book with his rig :thu:

Archived