Basketall: I dont get the appeal!!!

paganifuzz

• Members

I used to play basketball and soccer, and loved both. Now in high school basketball has to be your life, so I quit and now I play soccer. It's just a bunch of pot heads running and kicking a ball. It's sooo much fun!

• Members

are you asking a serious question?

I love basketball. It has everything that i like... long season, skills talent show, team work, fast pace, flash, great history, controversy, small setting any fans can enjoy in arena or on tv.

Problems with other sports...

baseball --- too slow, boring, steroids

football -- pretty exciting, teamwork essential, good tv revenue, but field is large

soccer -- pretty boring

hockey -- pretty cool sport but can't see the puck

tennis -- not enough fans (needs a john McEnroe or Andre Agassi or Steffi Graf)

golf -- not really a sport

WNBA - wah?

Rugby -- not on tv enough

• Members

isiah thomas for commisioner!

why took so long to fire him. :facepalm:

anyway, i still don't think d'antoni is the right fit for the knicks, although i'm pretty sure they'll do better in the next season. and there's no nash on the team.

you're a big lakers fan, svb?

• Members

I don't like basketball either, they score too often. Virtually every single drive to the net results in points scored. It takes away from the impact of making points. On the other hand, all other professional sports don't score enough, they're all long and boring. Personally I think that they should raise the rim in basketball by 6 inches or a foot, thus making the game a little bit harder.

• Members

I don't like basketball either, they score too often. Virtually every single drive to the net results in points scored. It takes away from the impact of making points. On the other hand, all other professional sports don't score enough, they're all long and boring. Personally I think that they should raise the rim in basketball by 6 inches or a foot, thus making the game a little bit harder.

I don't get basketball either, the guys are so tall they can just reach up and put it in the basket! then they walk down the court and do the same at the other end....yawn. :lol:

I like most other American sports though. I love ice hockey especially.

• Members

That's just unfair advantage to players like Yao Ming.

I love basketball. Cavs fan.

• Members

why took so long to fire him.
:facepalm:

anyway, i still don't think d'antoni is the right fit for the knicks, although i'm pretty sure they'll do better in the next season. and there's no nash on the team.

you're a big lakers fan, svb?

yeah I'm a huge lakers fan. Started in the 80's :cool:

d'antoni is going to make ny score 120 and give up maybe 115-120 a game.

• Members

not a bad idea!

I agree though, basketball is boring as sin. Soccer is my sport. I understand why people think its boring at first (especially since I've been watching more and more Toronto FC), but once you get into it you realize how every second of the game requires skill and strategy. Sure they don't score a hundred points a game, but we like that.. it builds the intensity.

North American football is cool in its own way too. a little slow sometimes, but it can be intense. LOTS of strategy which I like.

I grew up playing hockey. So much fun to play, but just too chaotic to watch nowadays. dump and chase 250 lbs enforcers have ruined the game. Bring back the Rocket's style play.

• Members

i love basketball, never a dull moment.

Soccer is so much fun to play and watch. Ronaldo is the man!

Football is fun to watch, but the games are like 3 hours!

Baseball...I find it boring tbh. I only like watching the phillies. It's super technical with the stats and the lingo, but I understand why people like it. There's tons of history and superstitions...kinda neat

Tennis - Love this sport and I'm actually decent at it. Federer and Nadal are some of the best players we'll ever see.

Hockey - eh...dont know enough about it, the fights are fun to watch.

• Members

I honestly only watch football (soccer!)

although is becoming more and more tactical and technical still its all about what happen in the pitch.... and there isnt that many tactical stops and changing player.... things I dont like about american football, baseball and basketball....

and it is a team work sport, but every now and then one man can make a lot of difference....

only last 90 minutes and that is great....

I went to wimbledom couple of weeks ago and that was pretty cool, but I could stay for the whole match.... only watched 2 sets!!!

Archived