Sei's journey in cabledom....yes, they do

seifukusha

• Members

they do sound more open. Got a proco stagemaster from a friend as a present.

Sounds more present with more mids than my cheaper cables.

Im not so sure about the super high price stuff..but we'll see/

experienting time!

well.....I agree good cables make a difference to sound, but price doesn't make a difference to sound. Cheap does not = bad. The stuff I buy (Van Damme OFC noise rejecting spiral screen blah blah...) is less than a

• Members

I've never been able to discern a difference in sound myself ... but when I spring for the expensive cables they are always more durable.

I broke 2 of those expensive 30$ planet waves cables in 1 year and i'm not stressing them to the max. The connectors just always fail on me. I'm using some cheap 6$ cables now instead and they are doing fine so far.

• Members

I broke 2 of those expensive 30$ planet waves cables in 1 year and i'm not stressing them to the max. The connectors just always fail on me. I'm using some cheap 6$ cables now instead and they are doing fine so far.

One Monster cable, in particular, I've had since at least '01 and I still use it every day ... for me that's a loooong time for a cable.

• Members

I've had one expensive cable and it died on me, and oh no you cant fix it because it's triple screened multiplex core balanced cable with vacuum heat shrunk strain relieved vulcanised formica jacks.

I've been on Pirhana cable ever since. And a few failures, but mostly down to the way I treat them. they can be fixed.

• Members

melx where do you get this stuff I need to make some custom cables for my synths

I get the cable from my small local music DJ type shop off a roll...the jacks I get from Neutrik UK which strangely is just up the road from where I live!! :lol:

I've bought from these guys before though..

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ANR-Guitar-Accessories_NEUTRIK-STANDARD-RANGE_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ17364040QQftidZ2QQtZkm

• Members

seems to be to get something durable (and/or with lifetime guarantee:) )/ lo-capitance (sp), with good jacks, and if you get them at a good price, that seems to be it. Ive read a bit on these subjects, and theres alot of that "mystical" stuff that people drop the extra dough on...hmm..

Archived