The OFFICIAL Empress Superdelay Lounge....

Crxsh

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's my YouTube vid...

[YOUTUBE]e27MZ7rjHsg[/YOUTUBE]

And a mini-review:

The normal delay mode is basic. Sounds REALLY good and w/ the modulation & filtering options, you can get a VAST range of sounds out of it. I actually discovered a weird drone type thing. Not what I usually play, but it's now preset #6.

The tap delay mode is great too. Same as the normal mode -- only with tap possibilities. (In normal delay, hitting the tap tempo button cuts the repeats.)

The auto tempo delay works. I know that much. That's probably the setting I've used least so far... so I can investigate more if someone's interested, but it seems like that'd be real handy for live riffing.

The reverse stuff is killer. Now, I've never really used reverse delay much ... so I kinda suck at it, but I mean, 100% wet and tons of cool features w/ the filters & modulation. And Reverse submode 'C' is just as cool as it looks. SUPER trippy man. I've got it in the preset w/ just a little dry signal .... just amazing.

The rhythm delay is cool too. I've used it just a bit and I'll get more into it later I'm sure, but I've been stuck in reverse, tape & tap modes right now. It's a real cool feature, and is one of the things that sold me on the Superdelay... so I'm excited to try it out more later on.

The Tape mode is stellar. Mind you, I've never used a real tape delay .... but it's pretty analog-ish (especially w/ the LP filter). I like it a lot .... probably my favorite standard delay sound in this thing right now. Plus, you can use tap tempo with it -- so it's money!!

The Misc. stuff has been pretty neglected so far as well. I tried it out a little, but I'd have to read the manual to remember what's going on in there. Check the YouTube vid if you're curious.

The looper is cool. Just as good (though not as long) as a DD-20 or DL4. Plus, unlike the DD-7 ... you can stop the loop completely and then restart it w/out losing it. That's pretty sweet. Plus, you can do forward & reverse loops together with submodes B & C. Pretty sweet ..... not sure how much use it'll get w/ the RC-2 around, but it's there if I need it.

• Members

Congratulations on your lounge containing 2 people.

:facepalm:

This is a relatively new pedal.... it'll likely grow as more people actually get them. This initial intent here is to provide a resource for those interested.

• Members

I don't know about that. For all that it does it seems like a reasonable price.

Yeah. I agree. $450 is a lot .... but I mean, think about the Memory Lane. For $150 less, you get digital, sure .... but you also get a {censored}load of cool features you won't find anywhere else. People seem to justify the $400 for the Timefactor, so I don't see a problem with $50 more for this one. And while it's a small club now, when these have been around for a bit and the used market swells, I'm sure there'll be more ownership.

• Members

i had one, and unfortunatly had to return it due to some financial problems i was having with my job. Steve was freakin' AWESOME on the phone and stands by his product to the point of even asking me my opinions of what i liked and didn't like about the delay. There wasn't much i didn't like (not having a trim pot on the modulation, internal even would have been better than just deep/shallow/off, the looper fade in/out, thats about it) and there was TONS i did. It would have replaced my DD5 Donner spatial delay and DL4 had the looper been similar to the DL4's. the .1/8ths were clean and pure, not as colored as the DD5, and the analog settings were to die for! it is a great product that definitly gives boss a run for its money. $450 is pricey, yes, but it is only slightly larger than the DD5 and smaller than the DD20, and it can take the place of multiple delays on your board easily. Plus it has 8 presets... yes 8. ridiculous!

• Members

I watched the videos and I really like the auto-tempo feature. That was something I wished a pedal had years ago. I wasn't really feeling the way the modulation delay sounds though. From the clips is seems to go from barely existant in the slow setting to sorta univibe sounding in the faster setting. More control over the modulation settings would've been better. I prefer a faster and more warbly modulated delay sound a'la The Edge, and it doesn't seem like you can get it if the videos are any indication.

Archived