So, Tom Petty pretty much rocked my face off

Dolf

• Members

Saw Tom Petty & the HB's last night at the St. Pete Times forum in Tampa.

Absolutely fantastic. And more people getting high in an indoor stadium than I've ever seen in my life.

Steve Winwood opened. Also fantastic.

What a great freaking night.

• Members

Absolutely fantastic. And more people getting high in an indoor stadium than I've ever seen in my life.

There was a lot of smokin' at the Tom Petty show but it was nothing compared to the Black Crowes and Parliment Funkadelic shows I've seen. Oh yeah ... and Phish. That show was smoggy and outside.

• Members

There was a lot of smokin' at the Tom Petty show but it was nothing compared to the Black Crowes and Parliment Funkadelic shows I've seen. Oh yeah ... and Phish. That show was smoggy and
outside

I figured at a Pfunk show, it would be MANDATORY that you were high in order to get in.

• Members

Awesome, glad you had a good time (sorry about your face accident though!! That's gotta hurt).

But Tom Petty & the Heatbreakers are a great band. I don't really listen to them a lot but I like everything I hear.

I can live without Steve Winwood though.... :lol:

• Members

tom petty and hb's are one of the best live shows i've ever seen. and its just them and music, no real light shows or anything. just 2-3 hrs of great song after great song.

exactly

• Members

Yep, I saw them on friday in Charlotte. The show was awesome, went with my brother and a friend, we thought we had pretty good seats on the lawn, until a bunch of fat middle aged women showed up and started dancing and grinding on their husbands during steve winwood - while everyone else in the entire place was sitting down.

Fortunately, they were pretty short and you couldn't really notice when everyone stood up for Tom Petty. Awesome show.

• Members

i saw em in atlanta and it was great! it was only great because i got 6th row pit tickets to robert plant and allison kraus the next night and that was AMAZING...plant is one of the best showmen i have ever seen and he's old as {censored} now.

Archived