Ibanez Soundtank pedals for modulation

bcc5025

• Members

I'm trying to cut back on pedals, simplify a bit, get some money by selling a few I don't use. I almost never use modulation, but I still think they're fun. I'm considering picking up some of those Ibanez Soundtank pedals, like the chorus, flange, delay, phaser just to have some to mess with.

Anyone have any experience with these and know what they go for? Another option are those FAB pedals from Dano. I used to own the TS-5 Tube Screamer and I thought it was decent, certainly got me by until I got my maxon.

It's been so long since I've messed with most of the 5 series that I really couldn't advise you very well here, but the TS-5 is indeed a sleeper pedal. I don't recall being overly knocked out by the 5 series modulation pedals, but neither do I have nightmares about their horrid sound, so I imagine they'd be worth looking into if you're on a budget - they usually go for very reasonable prices.

• Members

They usually go for around $30 on ebay. The only modulation one I've played is the phaser. It was all right. I don't use alot of phaser, so I'm certainly no expert.

The EM5 Echo Machine is supposed to be pretty sweet though. I never see them on ebay however, so they're either really good or pretty rare.

• Members

Another option are those FAB pedals from Dano.

The fab flanger is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't tried one myself.

If you're just looking for cheap modulation, you could probably score some cheap multi-effects thingy on ebay for cheap that will have a bunch of modulation effects.

• Members

I just wouldn't touch them because of the crappy switches. I have a Ts-5 and also tried a couple in a used store and they were all dodgy. Too bad, it sounds pretty good. I've also read that the echomachine is good. But it's plastic. And cheesy.

Archived