I need me some shimmering chorus....severe budget

• Members

This has just come up lately so I don't want to spend much at all....

I have a CE-5 from Boss, but it's not lush and shimmering like I want it. Here are some clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcWTTs8QVRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJJgM23gLh8

I was thinking one of the Ibanez Tone Lok Choruses or a FAB? Or I could bargain scourge on the Bay...

I'll play around tomorrow with it, but if not, what do you guys think?

• Members

This has just come up lately so I don't want to spend much at all....

I have a CE-5 from Boss, but it's not lush and shimmering like I want it. Here are some clips:

I was thinking one of the Ibanez Tone Lok Choruses or a FAB? Or I could bargain scourge on the Bay...

I'll play around tomorrow with it, but if not, what do you guys think?

Digitech CF-7 Chorus Factory will do all those sounds, and doesn't cost too much if you find a second hand one.

But, I can't see why you can't get at least close with the Boss CE-5 - remember, the guitar needs to have a little sparkle/chime first - ie. the chorus pedal won't add that in.

Also, chorus in stereo sounds FAR FAR better than mono chorus.

If you just want mono and something a little more liquid/swirly than the Boss CE-5, then the Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus does a pretty good job at a low price, so does the EHX Small Clone.

• Members

The Digitech CF-7 Chorus Factory is a highly underrated pedal. It sounds great, the models are very close to the originals, and it has a stupid amount of tweakability even beyond what the original models ever gave. If you want something simple with just a couple of knobs, then this is not it. But, if you can't find a chorus sound that you like in the CF-7, then you don't like chorus. I got mine for $50 used.

BTW, stereo chorus is where it's at. The first time I mucked around with two amps and used the stereo chorus out of a Boss CH-1, I instantly knew what it was I'd been looking for. It's in your interest to at least try it out (even if you have to borrow a friend's amp to do it.) :AOK

Archived