Recommend me a low/medium gain OD pedal for $100 used.

joelbah

• Members

I have an OCD that covers my mid to high gain stuff. but I need a used low to mid gain OD pedal. I can spend about $120 or so. I am looking at Fulldrive II's, Barber Direct Drives, Maybe an Xotic booster of some sort.

What else should I look into?

Something with good mids, true bypass, and small footprint would be good.

• Members

The Direct Drive is similar in gain to the Ocd, but of course it will do lower gaing too. There are some other Barbers that are lower gain pedals. The Timmy would fit the bill, but like I said-long wait. Used FDII would be good too-or used Maxon Od9 or Od808.

• Members

EBAY prices for the Tim and Timmy are about double what Paul charges. When I ordered my Tim, there was a 3 month wait. I should be getting the call in about 2 weeks.

Not to dash your hopes, but Paul told me 3 months as well, and it took a bit longer than that. That said, perhaps he has increased production a bit, since he was planning on ramping up a bit more to shorten the list.

You can also talk to Brad at Tonefactor to see when his next shipment will come in.

A used Catalinbread Silver Kiss would probably fall within your budget and is a very versatile pedal for teh subtelz.

• Members

Not to dash your hopes, but Paul told me 3 months as well, and it took a bit longer than that. That said, perhaps he has increased production a bit, since he was planning on ramping up a bit more to shorten the list.

You can also talk to Brad at Tonefactor to see when his next shipment will come in.

A used Catalinbread Silver Kiss would probably fall within your budget and is a very versatile pedal for
teh subtelz

Yes! It's started!

• Members

Yeah, those four guys are pretty vocal about it.
:rolleyes:

The Timmy sounds like your amp, cranked. If you have a {censored}ty amp the Timmy isn't gonna help you.

oops, silly me and my opinions. are you telling me my 59' bassman and my ac30 were {censored}ty amps? interesting. and what four guys?

also, the catalinbread hyperpak rules.

Archived