Is the UK spam thread working?

melx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've updated my post about 4 times now....is anyone actually bothering to go back and look at the posts on the first page or am I wasting my time? :poke:

Why not just delete it then and start a new one? That's why I deleted mine on the first page and then started a new one on the current page. it keeps you to your one post per thread limit, keeps everything tidy and all is nice and lovely.

• Members
I think most people had already said that they don't go back to the beginning and wade through. It was on a loser from the start

I know and I felt the same, but it's only a few pages now...so I was hoping people would...I was just curious because I'm after a tremolo and I put it in my wanted section a while ago and I haven't had a single pm...then I got to wondering if anyone had even seen that I was after one? :lol:

• Members

Why not just delete it then and start a new one? That's why I deleted mine on the first page and then started a new one on the current page. it keeps you to your one post per thread limit, keeps everything tidy and all is nice and lovely.

because Phil would rather 'we edited our posts' than delete and bump....he warned people about it in the US thead I noticed.

• Members

Ooh, you're not alowed to do that Andrew....

• Members

new style = gash.

no one trails through the entire thread to notice subtle differences.

Would be better if Phil just said no off topic banter and update all your posts regarding a certain item when it had been sold. Bumps are allowed.

• Members

new style = gash.

Would be better if Phil just said no off topic banter and update all your posts regarding a certain item when it had been sold. Bumps are allowed.

This is correct

• Members

new style = gash.

yeah I mean that's the problem....unless I post a {censored}ing great picture with HUGE RED CAPITOL LETTERS no-one probably notices that I've even changed it!!

• Members

As Phil says:

I've been getting some comments about the overabundance of OT posts in the spam thread. It would be great if we could keep this thread to on-topic posts, and anything you folks can do to help keep the thread size manageable (IOW, deleting items / posts for things that have sold) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm keeping the thread size down, I'm using up one posting block, I'm not using a second 'bump' block as we are allowed so what's wrong with that?

Quoting again from the main man:

The idea is to streamline the spam threads and make them easier to read by eliminating the multiple posts from individual members, stopping the questions and OT chit-chat, etc. If you have a question for a seller SEND THEM A PM - don't ask in the thread.

I'm not multiple posting so what's the problem with that? Fair enough if I was posting and deleting every day, that would be ridiculous, but deleting a post from a fortnight ago and putting up a new one... is that so bad? If it is, fair enough but there is a certain ambiguity in the rules and I don't think taking up one post per spam thread every quarter is that bad.

• Members
Since when?

I'm keeping the thread size down, I'm using up one posting block, I'm not using a second 'bump' block as we are allowed so what's wrong with that?

Quoting again from the main man:

I'm not multiple posting so what's the problem with that? Fair enough if I was posting and deleting every day, that would be ridiculous, but deleting a post from a fortnight ago and putting up a new one... is that so bad? If it is, fair neough but there is a certain ambiguity in the rules.

I dunno we need clarification here, because I definatly saw phil say people should go back and edit their original posts.....it's gotta be one or the other otherwise, you'll have a new post at the end all the time and mugs like me who stick to the rules won't even get people looking at my post....:cry:

• Members
I dunno we need clarification here, because I definatly saw phil say people should go back and edit their original posts.....it's gotta be one or the other otherwise, you'll have a new post at the end all the time and mugs like me who stick to the rules won't even get people looking at my post....
:cry:

Melx's spam thread stuck hidden away forever FTW! :cop::love::wave::cool::p:mad:

• Members

I dunno we need clarification here, because I definatly saw phil say people should go back and edit their original posts.....it's gotta be one or the other otherwise, you'll have a new post at the end all the time and mugs like me who stick to the rules won't even get people looking at my post....
:cry:

But don't people in the US thread get one bump per week as well as effectively one post per week? Basically if we are running by the same rules it means we're allowed one post and one bump every 3 months which is absurd.

I'd be more than happy to create a separate UK spam forum if Phil would prefer things to go away from HC if the bandwidth is a problem. I'll even host it.

• Members

it's bull{censored}.

the old system was simple, last post, then read back til something you recognise...

if people can't work that out then i have no interest in making their lives easier....

Archived