how are they doing that v.23545: my bloody valentine live content

finboy

• Members
its not hype, its just great music, and isn't the flutish sound just a sample??

likely, i'm more interested in what mr shields is playing, i don't know why but the tone from that lead work is just perfect. :love:

• Members

its not hype, its just great music, and isn't the flutish sound just a sample??

yeah I think it is...when I saw them it seemed like there was loads of stuff going on that no one was actually playing.

• Members

If you don't like MBV, you must never have looked out in awe at night at the city lights or looked into the sky and gazed at the stars or turned off the lights, got in bed, and turned DSTOM on.

i wonder who owns that moon?

• 2 months later...
  • Members
thats kevin playing the lead line, saw it myself. if you can find the sf bootleg(if thats kosher here, pm me), you can even hear him {censored}ing up while kicking in the cornish ss2 and bending the note.

holy crap, those things are $450 USED :eek:

anyone know where i can get a schematic? :D

• Members

We spoke at length about that sound, which requires a huge amount of extra side-fill monitor so it has feedback. It's an extremely quiet combination of pedals. The amp is nearly inaudible when he's playing that lead sound, so he needs massive monitor boost to get it to sustain. In Chicago the levels were so off he threw his jazzmaster to the ground in frustration at the end of the song after struggling the full length of the song to ask his monitor man for more level. In the end, all was well between them and we had a few extra drinks to laugh it off backstage.

The weirdest sounds are sometimes the quietest.

Archived