:::The Custom Pedal Lounge:::

• Members

Post your custom and share your custom stompboxes with us. There's a bunch of you that have either BYOC's, had custom paint jobs or designed pedals yourselves. Give us a rundown of kind of effect it is, how old it is and where you got it. We're all curious to see your work.

My custom pedal is a Vintage FX Heavy Deavy Skull Fuzz. I's a pedal Dave at VFX made for singer/guitar player of the band The Warlocks. Not only was I happy to do it for him but The Warlocks happen to be one of my favorite bands. It had two switches, one for the "Heavy" section which controls the Vol/Gain/Tone knobs. This section also has a compression toggle switch. The second section is the "Deavy" section. It controls the Vol/Attack/Fuzz and also has an order toggle switch for bright and dark settings that help you tailor the tone you want. This pedal is not yet on the market and the only two with my art will only be owned by Bobby, myself and Dave. There will be a VFX model of this pedal coming out soon. Here it is hope you dig it.

MyPedalDesign2.jpg

• Members

438529931_6d401ec271.jpg

True bypass pedal in a french waffle tin.

411155149_0bc4166283.jpg

Dual latching subctl switch for using with my GT-8, but ALSO changes channels on my old Marshall DSL100 head. The GT-8 had an amp ctl feature but it didn't work with some marshall amps.

465921126_40a687d931.jpg

Birthday cake my GF made me.

421989907_079334c702.jpg

This never got past prototype stage. It changes amp channels and punches in an fx loop, and you can decide if the loop is on the same time as the amp channel or not. I use this in another device of mine:

2259511893_5a9006eed0.jpg

True Bypass loop before amp, amp ctl + loop in the fx loop of the amp, DD20 on/off switch, loop in the fx loop, tuner mute. Gonna mod it to work with my Timefactor now instead.

• Members

signal order changer

1054919503_5a2ae571a0.jpg

Description here:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1709641

That looks crazy! Have you learnt how to use it?

I built myself a switcher that has two loops, with a switch to A/B between loops and a switch that sends loop A into loop B. Even that gets confusing! I also added a switch to create a feedback loop, which is fun for freakouts.

• Members

That looks crazy! Have you learnt how to use it?

I built myself a switcher that has two loops, with a switch to A/B between loops and a switch that sends loop A into loop B. Even that gets confusing! I also added a switch to create a feedback loop, which is fun for freakouts.

Your switcher sounds really cool.

Yeah, The Labyrinth is confusing as hell, hence the name. It really does add a pleasant element of chaos, though. This is why I never really understand guys here at HCFX who carve their pedal-board in stone, and build elaborate boards tightly tailored to just one signal-chain sequence. That would be way too restricting for me. I like to change things up, and throw them into the blender.

• Members

[ATTACH]270015[/ATTACH]

Double Tube Screamer Clone with Mods

My own creation sourced from General Guitar Gadgets. Left side is a straight clone of the 808 with fat mod switch and LED clipping switch. Right side is a "boutique" clone with asymmetrical clipping and a higher value drive pot. Also has fat mod switch and LED clipping switch. Custom drilling and painting is a decontruction of the green color of the Tube Screamer.

[ATTACH]270016[/ATTACH]

FS-6 Clone

Square switches are momentary switches and round switches are tap tempo / on off switches.

• Members

Tooob Screamers

build those 2 according to fuzzcentral and tonepad specs as TS808, they both have JRC 4558 ICs

screamer_finish.jpgTubesteamer.jpg

Big Muff Pi with tonebender mod

came as a kit, i added the Colorsound Supa Tonebender mod (skipping the first two clipping diodes), used by a bassist who loves the mod

mufffff.jpg

Atari Punk Console

only built this one because i had this small enclosure :facepalm:

100_2661_apc_fertig.jpg

• Members

Thanks!

It was actually my wife that did it. It's etched. The white paint was used as the 'positive'(ground), but after a while it started to bubble up. Gave it a rinse, and a quick sanding, and it looked perfect as is!

Got a few more custom enclosures, but not exactly sure if they qualify as custom pedals (although I have a few more mod/custom things I'm working on.

Awesome art. How'd you do it?

• Members

I guess these would count, as they are custom enclosures/paintjobs, most with some tweaks I've done myself:

'Sweet Spot' Atoner. Man it's a tight fit in there! Knobs are Volume, Position, LFO speed (clicks off).

atoner.jpg

Phaseur Fleur tweaked to even out the speed range (it's a linear pot that comes with the kit, instead of reverse audio taper). Also tweaked to bring the volume up to unity gain (a hair above actually).

phaseur.jpg

Pretty balls out oldschool Noise Swash. Stompable feedback loop. Added power starve, changed in/out caps for more bass.

NoiseSwash.jpg

• Members

I'm about to start tackling a phaser wah project. The only pedal phaser I could find was an MXR one that only controls the rate. I'm gonna get a BYOC phaser or Small Stone nano and throw it in a wah enclosure that controls the phaser sweep.

I have yet to come up with a name.

Archived