Rose Lane Music Thumbs Up

Teahead

• Members

My recent Wah Probe GAS was piqued when I saw these guys listed one in the spam thread. I dropped Carl an email on Wednesday night about 8pm, the deal was done at 11pm and the pedal arrived today. That's service.

He was top notch every step of the way, from the very competitive probe price and late night instant replies to the immediate shipping and realistic postage costs. I'll definitely be using Rose Lane again.

As for the pedal, well I'll know more tomorrow after band practice, but so far it's certainly the most unique sounding wah I've ever used, a breath of fresh air after years of RMC use.

link.

• Members

Carl sorted me out a great deal on a Pulsar a few months ago, great guy, great service, highly recommend his store. Just a pity he's an Everton fan. :thu:

On the wah probe...... I bought one a few monthe ago (from Carls 'rival' (?) store Dolphin), used it for the first time properly (loud conditions) last night at a rehearsal with a new band, absolutely awesome. Great soudning wah for rock and generally making noises.

• Members

... On the wah probe...... I bought one a few monthe ago (from Carls 'rival' (?) store Dolphin), used it for the first time properly (loud conditions) last night at a rehearsal with a new band, absolutely awesome. Great soudning wah for rock and generally making noises.

I can't quite believe how great it is, really looking forward to playing it with the band tomorrow. It reminds me an awful lot of the sound of the BJF Voltage Controlled Filter, except with probe control. I {censored}ing love it into Micro Pog, Vibe and delay.

• Members

Suppose I can elaborate little on the Wah Probe, having used it for rehearsals today. With the correct footwork you can get some extremely funky filter sounds, quite unlike any wah I've ever played, very like the BJF Auto Wah tone. It's a very wet and wide sweep, perhaps more harsh that the BJF at the top of it's range and certainly a little noisier, but it definitely shares that tubey, hollow low end and midrange.

If you love the sound of the elusive VCF, or perhaps even the Meatball as in Talk Show Host? I'm pretty certain you will love the Wah Probe's tones, whether you want to control that sound with your foot or pick attack is a deciding factor of course, each has it's own merits.

I've been a Teese user for years, never completely in love with their tones. My VCF gave me the filter sounds I dreamed of, but I just couldn't deal with the voltage controlled effect, feeling it restricted me somehow, I returned that pedal to Bjorn and mourned the loss of that sound.

Now the Wah Probe has come along and delivered that sound within a squeeze of my big toe, which is literally how you can affect the sweep. Why I didn't try the ZVex sooner is just beyond me, sorry if this has been little more than a gushing rant to you! In HCFX terms,

teh wah probez is da bomz? :facepalm:

Archived