I've just found the Tele I really want...

melx

• Members

I like that Melx, but I've come to realize after getting a new Classic 60s strat just a couple of months ago, that I prefer medium jumbo frets to the vintage sized ones. I didn't think it was a big deal, but it has bothered me some. So I think I'm going to trade/or sell my strat, and get a new '08 American Standard Tele (or possibly strat, but leaning towards a Tele).

tele's with body binding are beyond hot. lake placid blue, binding...
:love:
se05979_lg1.jpg

Very nice. :phil:

I used to have a CAR MIJ 62 Custom. That thing had the sweetest neck, and was drop dead beautiful... but sounded thin and anemic compared to the 73 Tele that needed a refret job that I traded for it (stoopid! stoopid! stoopid! :mad::cry: )

• Members
Don't the MIM 60s RI Teles have edge binding? The MIJ ones did, I thought...

My JD Tele has binding. I can't believe I don't have any pics
:eek:

maybe they did at some point, I looked at the fender web site and they didn't appear to have bound mexi's now....unless I missed then..

• Members
ps, melx, my change back to a non stripey socks avatar has been overdue.. it was fun!

lol, I know!! it was supposed to be for a week!! :lol:

I need a new one, but I want it too be the best yet......so i'm still searching!

• Members

Cheers, when i bought it i wasnt really a fan of teles without binding at all, but ive since been converted. Fender have recently brought out esquires with a single binding on the front edge and a normal contour on the back, which may even be nicer! I cant justify two teles though unfortunately.

Archived