Is the Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory a sleeper?

gambit

• Members

I'm really digging the EX-7. I heard Micheal Thompson demo one on a youtube video and (as far as youtube goes) it sounded very convincing and he had some interesting ideas.

An ex-7 is definitely in my future.

• Members

First: The wah modes aren't bad. Definitely usable. Being able to control how intense/subtle the wah is and the frequency range help a lot.

Second: It takes AC and I think it says it uses 450 or so mA (don't know if that is true, just what they say) so you can't use a daisy chain with it though it comes with its own adapter

Third: The pitchshifting sounds digital, but no more so than any other whammy pedal

Fourth: The leslie mode is very nice, doesn't sound "digital" in the traditional sense

I picked mine up for 120 used and I am very happy with it.

• Members

I found the pedal shift on the Wah too short compared to a real crybaby, so I've kept that, and I'm using it a long way down the chain.

Although, it has distortion models too and I'm wondering if you can turn them off?

Yes. "Effect only" or "Effect + distort". You can't do distort only, though (though you could turn an effect all the way down to "off").

The cabinet emulations are also selectable

Archived