Is there an expression pedal that can control 2 pedals?

• Members

As I mentioned a month or so ago, and again in a thread last night, what I'd like to do is mod a Fender Vol / Tone pedal so I could have a single pedal with dual axis controls, and wire it up as a dual expression pedal.
:idea::love::)

I dont know what those look like on the inside but that should be pretty easy to do.

• Members

Well really the pots are already there so you would just connect the lugs directly to the output jacks for each expression function. I dont think the pedal is too expensive so you could probably try it pretty easy. I figure both pots would be about 250k most likely so Im not sure if it would work well for many pedals.

• Members

I have always thought a neat product would be a small switcher box with one expression pedal input and say three outputs that could be used individually or in any combination for the expression heavy board

Same, and I actually had a pedalbuilder make me one of these, but he never made it and kept my money.:mad:

Well really the pots are already there so you would just connect the lugs directly to the output jacks for each expression function. I dont think the pedal is too expensive so you could probably try it pretty easy. I figure both pots would be about 250k most likely so Im not sure if it would work well for many pedals.

That's the only questionable part - can I swap out the pots for different values? If the stock pots are standard sizes and accessible, I don't see it as being a difficult mod at all, but until I see the guts, I can't know for sure...

If anyone has one, or knows where I can view a gutshot online, I'd appreciate a pic or a link. :):wave:

• Members

A lot of expression-type pedals dont have standard pots that you can just buy. Invariably you have to make a D-shaft pot or get some strange value or size. I would call fender tech support and as what the values of the pots in that pedal are and see what they say.

• Members

Moog MP-201

+1

The new Moog Music MP-201 can control 4 CV pedals at once and has loads of extra features.

More MP-201 Info

www.moogmusic.com/controllers/?section=product&product_id=21141

Try any Volume pedal with 2 In's and Outs and 2 Insert Cables. An Insert Cable has 2 mono ends into one stereo end that is used to add effects to a Mixing Board. I use an old Korg KVP-001 volume pedal to do that. Both Korg, Roland and others make Volume pedals with 2 In and Outs. :)

• Members

+1

The new Moog Music MP-201 can control 4 CV pedals at once and has loads of extra features.

More MP-201 Info

www.moogmusic.com/controllers/?section=product&product_id=21141

Try any Volume pedal with 2 In's and Outs and 2 Insert Cables. An Insert Cable has 2 mono ends into one stereo end that is used to add effects to a Mixing Board. I use an old Korg KVP-001 volume pedal to do that. Both Korg, Roland and others make Volume pedals with 2 In and Outs.
:)

Yeah, but I really don't want to spend $500 on an expression pedal. I'd rather have multiple pedals.

• Members

Yeah, but I really don't want to spend $500 on an expression pedal. I'd rather have multiple pedals.

How about $69 for a Korg EXP2!:thu:

Here's Volume pedal with 2 In's and Outs. Then get 2 Insert Cables. An Insert Cable has 2 mono ends into one stereo end. You plug the mono ends of the cable into the EXP's in and out and the stereo end into the CV input.

www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EXP2Pedal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OK, bumping this old thread.

So I have two Moogerfoogers - and I'm about to buy the Moog EP-2.

Is there a Y splitter cable with a female jack on one end and two 1/4 male jacks on the other, so that I can plug the 1/4" end of the EP-2 into the female end, then the other two into each of the moogerfoogers...

if that makes sense.

Archived