Building new pedalboard!Recommend me some pedals

MakisSRV

• Members

I'd suggest:

-Delay (I can't live without it): CMATMODS Deelay, Freakshow Digilog, Subdecay, Malekko Echo 600.

-OD (I'd use the TS as a boost): Fulltone OCD, Blackstone OD.

-Dist: MI Audio Crunchbox, CMATMODS Brownie, Wampler Plextortion.

-Fuzz: Hartman or Monsterpiece.

Good luck.

PS: Most of my suggestions are based on things I've read in this forums and clips/videos, so don't take them too seriously.

• Members

I play similar style music. I like the Carbon Copy a lot for delay. There are of course others out there, but this is a good simple one, not too expensive, and sounds quite good.

I am in love with my new MXR Classic 108 Fuzz. Terrific pedal, not very expensive. It has an added buffer that makes it useable with wahs and such. But without the buffer, it sounds terrific as well. Very Zepplin/Hendrix vibes with this pedal. A must have for this genre.

A good boost into your TS-9 might also work well. I have an Xotic RC Booster that would add much needed bass to your TS-9. It doesn't have a lot of gain, but would add just a little sizzle to what you have. Nice combo.

Maybe a reverb pedal if your amp doesn't have it.

• Members

I don't think you need a fuzz for those genres. I'd say pick up a sick overdrive that can move over to borderline distortion. OCD maybe? I don't know overdrives too well.

Definitely get a delay, a carbon copy is analog, simple, and small but it sounds amazing. Also a chorus to season your cleans, a basic, readily available one for you since your in another country is probably an EHX. A Polychorus or small clone could be cool. Since you have a tube screamer, a phaser, and a wah you'd be set. I'd also consider a treble boost for solos and lead work. The smallest and simplest board is the best. Good luck.

• Members
I don't think you need a fuzz for those genres. I'd say pick up a sick overdrive that can move over to borderline distortion. OCD maybe? I don't know overdrives too well.

Definitely get a delay, a carbon copy is analog, simple, and small but it sounds amazing. Also a chorus to season your cleans, a basic, readily available one for you since your in another country is probably an EHX. A Polychorus or small clone could be cool. Since you have a tube screamer, a phaser, and a wah you'd be set. I'd also consider a treble boost for solos and lead work. The smallest and simplest board is the best. Good luck.

I disagree with you, repectfully of course :) A fuzz for classic rock is a must. Really depends on the fuzz I suppose. But the Classic 108 I mentioned gives you that great feel of that era, and would be indeed be a good thing to add to his board. Does modern blues well too, like the Black Keys.

Archived