boss....

seifukusha

• Members
i have the boss psm-5 on my board....for loopfunction.

is the loop function on that more like a true bypass box than the LS-2? i'm guessing its a simple switch in and out, ie not having 'preamps' in the loop like the LS-2 has?

could be a nice cheap alternative to a bypass looper.. coz the PSM-5's seem to go for peanuts. :idea:

• Members

I wish that Boss would release some new compact pedals.
:)

yeh, but before that, i'd wish they'd get on with distributing the one's they've already made.

remember the SL-20? was suposed to be released alongside the DD-7... boat missed Mr Roland, boat missed.. :facepalm:

• Members
yeh, but before that, i'd wish they'd get on with distributing the one's they've already made.

remember the SL-20? was suposed to be released alongside the DD-7... boat missed Mr Roland, boat missed..
:facepalm:

Ah yes, the Slicer. To be honest I think it's kind of dead in the water, maybe if you're a DJ and want to use guitars in your music it would be useful.....

• Members
It's a added switch / circuit change / addition that allows you to switch the direct signal in and out of the effected output signal, thus switching between chorus (delayed / pitch modulated signal + dry signal) and vibrato (pitch modulation only) modes. It makes it similar to a VB2 without a latch mode option, but gives you the ability to go back to the stock chorus sound at the flick of a switch.

I've seen circuits online, and it would be a fairly simple job to do... (
here's one DIY link
), but I really don't have the time or inclination to do that right now... I just recently redid my whole mod / delay board, and now I'm working on the studio and working IN the studio, and trying to catch up on a whole bunch of writing that I'm way behind on... so I am going to send mine to PedalDoctor FX for the mod. I'm not sure if their mod is exactly like the ones you can find on the web, but it's only $50, they seem like good people, and I can concentrate on other things.
You can check out their website
here
; they've got clips of the mod up, and
here's their HC user review page on the mod - it got a 9.7 overall.

I'm feeling pretty good about it, but I'll let you know how I actually like it once I get it done.

cool. that's great. first time i heard about it. will give it a listen. thanks!

Archived