Fulldrive II mosfet--tried one

surfcat

• Members

I found one at a used store and they also had a light blue 3 way toggle one, which is what I have, so I thought I'd compare and maybe upgrade mine. Well, the mosfet switch seemed to have no effect at all. I know it doesn't work in compcut but in all 3 modes-no difference. It was used so it might have been broken. Is the effect subtle enough where I might not have noticed or was it broken?

• Members

Maybe you were in Comp-Cut Mode?

If so, the other toggle does nothing.

I actually remembered that when I tried it and used all the modes. It was at low volume though because the amp I tried it through was and 80w Traynor Wcv80 but it too was broken-couldn't get much volume at all. I could hear a difference with the 3 way switch, just not the mosfet. It had to be broken-really no difference at all. I really wanted to check out this pedal too, since I hear it's brighter than the older 3-way switch model and if the mosfet kicked some but-I would have bought it and flipped my old one.

• Members

Its not night and day, but its definitely less compressed and a little brighter. The best way to get the difference is to set everything at 12 o'clock minimum, hit a chord, and flip it back and forth while listening. Its really subtle but its there. And yea, make sure you aren't on CompCut.

Archived