Pedal Board Suggestions

• Members

So I need some help. I'm turned off and on by pedals. Selling and trading and so on and always want something different. I've had aton of different pedals. So I'm starting to get more pedals that don't see me giving up. Proco Rat, line6 DL4, Tube Screamer, etc. Anyway so I made a pedal board this weekend from plywood and a bag. Pretty much the zip and open gig bags that comes with the skb or gator boards. I got it for 3 bucks at a thrift store. I like it but I don't... its not clean looking enough. Still looks like a mess. I I was like looking at the furman $200 powered pedal board. Should I just get a powered one? Or get a non powered and get a power pedal supply from voodoo lab. Pedal boards that aren't powered cost about a $100 or so from this company called "core" and a few other that are road case style. I may need something bigger than what I have made this weekend. Idk. Which is better powering it on your own? Or just sepending the money on a powered one. Cost is almost the same. I'm not sure. Help! Tell me what do you use and why.

• Members

p40974.jpg

This is the one to get. Furman SPB-8C. Pedalboard with 8 isolated 9 volt outs as well as 4 wall wart plugs. Great value for the money. I just saw one go for $175 shipped on the classifieds. That's pretty low but I'm sure you could find one around $200. It also has the hardshell cover and roller wheels for easy transport.

Downsides? It's heavy.

Archived