OT: Do you have any weird phobias ??

• Members

A few years back where i used to work there was a guy who was affraid of corners ... yes, corners.

Occasionally you'd hear him say 'oh no it's happening again', he'd look all nervous and freaked out and then go home. Apparently he thought that the corners were 'coming at him'.

The strangest/funniest thing i saw when he was having one of these attacks was a work colleague holding a coffee mug right up to his face and saying 'look, no corners' in an attempt to help him calm down.

So then, do you have any weird fears or phobias?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rats.....I don't really think it's wierd though, I used to live in a flat and you could hear them trying to chew through the walls and running across the ceiling, it was {censored}ing horrible. Have you ever seen flys that come from the maggots feeding off dead rats?? :facepalm:

we didn't stay there long after that....:freak:

argh, I'm freaking out just talking about it........ahhh...

• Members

I've got a very overactive imagination so sometimes I think '{censored} if I lift this toilet seat I might find a severed head in it' or when I'm sunbathing I think '{censored} a huge rock might cave my skull in'. That's kind of an irrational phobia isn't it. Also when I got my dog she had a case of ticks, and for about a month later I checked my balls for ticks. Not sure how they'd get there but you never know.

• Members
Rats.....I don't really think it's wierd though, I used to live in a flat and you could hear them trying to chew through the walls and running across the ceiling, it was {censored}ing horrible. Have you ever seen flys that come from the maggots feeding off dead rats??
:facepalm:

we didn't stay there long after that....
:freak:

argh, I'm freaking out just talking about it........ahhh...

I like rats, my girlfriend used to have some as pets. Although i wouldn't be quite so keen on sharing a flat with wild ones.

• Members

In the same vain as rats...I'm afraid of mice and most really small rodents. I grew up in a house with at least 5 mice. Hearing them at night is truly terrifying. Finding their droppings is just gross. I don't think I could ever live somewhere with mice and/or rats.

• Members
29_angler_fish.jpg

Does this have anything to do with it?

Nope, they're quite a small fish ... it's the bigger stuff that freaks me out, humboldt squid, the larger sharks ... anything that could quite easily make a meal of you. Amazing creatures but i wouldn't want to swim near them.

• Members

I don't know if you would call it a phobia or not, but if I see someone touch their nail cuticle I get incredibly violent towards them. Not sure why?
I warn them in a VERY aggressive way, if they persist I got off tap.
Funny thing is I can look at pics of it, I just cant handle it in person. :confused:

• Members
I like rats, my girlfriend used to have some as pets. Although i wouldn't be quite so keen on sharing a flat with wild ones.

yeah, my sister has pet rats...I don't mind them. I don't really see it as the same thing I guess.....I have a black cat in my house, but I wouldn't want a black panther running around the place trying to chew through my walls, running across the ceiling and pissing and {censored}ting everywhere!!! :lol:

• Members

spiders

no phobia, but they just need to die as painfull as possible when i see them.

It's strange with spiders, i'm not at all happy about the regular house spiders that i have to deal with (my heart races when i see one scurry across the carpet) but i've held tarantulas as big as the palm of my hand and not been bothered too much.

Archived