retro sonic analog delay

• Members

hey guys ..

im pretty new to this forum ..my name is zakky ..i came from indonesia ..im kinda gassing to buy the retro sonic analog delay ...its kinda pricey but ..i tried it the other day ..and it kill the other analog delay ( maxon AD999, EH memory man ) ..plus its smaller and could use 9 volt power supply....i read a lot of rerviews ...im pretty solid it to buy it this summer

any pros and cons?? just for reconsideration

terribly sorry for my poor english

zakky

tokyo

• Members

it doesnt seem to have modulation, which makes it inferior to the EH memory man by default, in my opinion.

the tone knob looks interesting, if it can do a hi-pass and not just a low-pass that almost every delay with a "tone" knob seem to only do, then it might warrent another look.

• Members

just watched a couple videos. doesnt seem to have a whole lot to offer, sorry. the tone knob is near-useless (no huge depth to it), and aside from the double-rate stomp it's just an overpriced DM-2. it might be decent for someone looking for REAL simple delay, but you'd probably be better off with the far cheaper Carbon Copy, a DMM, an Arion SAD-1, a dod FX65, or a quality digital delay with analog voicing.

in short, you can either get the same for cheaper, or better for the same price. I'd look some more.

Archived