the silver kiss mkII

bhsbhswarp

• Members

can the kiss get brutal with a od or a boost in front of it.i know it's said to be a mid gain pedal but does it take other pedals well?iwas considering the zvex bom but it gets mixed reviews.what i'mlooking for is a dirt box with 3band eq that i can throw into my guitar case along with my crunch box and bring to jams using veriuos host amps.the bass,mid,and treble are needed so i can tweak what i'm going through.kiss owners let me know:wave:

• Members

can the kiss get brutal with a od or a boost in front of it.i know it's said to be a mid gain pedal but does it take other pedals well?iwas considering the zvex bom but it gets mixed reviews.what i'mlooking for is a dirt box with 3band eq that i can throw into my guitar case along with my crunch box and bring to jams using veriuos host amps.the bass,mid,and treble are needed so i can tweak what i'm going through.kiss owners let me know:wave:

So I have had the brand new MK2 with the switches for about two weeks now. So far I am really liking this pedal. A lot of different sounds that still sound like the Silver Kiss. It can actually get to a higher gain than I first imagined and it can get very biting with the treble and mids boosted.

The clean boost is great and it stacks very well. I have been stacking it with my Big Muff NYC and it really makes the Muff better. It adds the mids it has been lacking and really gives it an even bigger snarl. Seriously, the tone I get out of both of them together is pretty ballsy. Very hard but sinister. I like it.

There is a lot of headroom in the pedal and the tone cleans up well with the volume knob and responds greatly to your attack. There can be some buzzing at full gain, but I think it is my amp in need of a new speaker so don't hold me to that.

The toggle switch for the mid frequencies is a great addition and really helps you dial in the sound you want and gives you more control over the mids than any drive pedal I have played. I have been able to replicate some of the tones from OCD clips, but not many as it sounds very different than it.

Basically it sounds like your amp but driven. My Fender Blues Deluxe has a veryyyyy loooowwww gain channel and this basically replaces it and adds more drive. If you don't like your amp, do not buy this pedal. It accentuates what is good about your amp and what is bad.

It has accentuated my need for a new Celestian...

• Members

i need something i can drag around with my crunch box that i can tweak with whatever's on the stage type of thingy.kinda like the open jam kinda bar thing just to jam with other musicians for the fun of it.i dont really want to drag around my rig to such events.kinda plug'n'play type of setup.i really do like the kiss but i don't know if it can fit the bill.does it work with "oh god the ss type amps"?from what i'm thinking the cb can def. throw the kiss into metal territory,or is this just stupid?

• Members

if you are gonna be working with SS amps, getting a warmer pedal would be a good idea.

you might be right there,maybe something else.i have heard tell that the kiss is oh for lack of a better word "chimey"/"bright".but dam is it a cool pedal

• Members

the hyperpak is most likely easiest to match whatever i get stuck with.i think i'll go for it couse i know it will also work quite well with my real rig also.then i'll pick up a kiss at a later time

edit;i've heard nothing neg.on any of the catalinbread pedals

• Members

so it's not a real good drag around type pedal,say if i run it in a amp that is not that good it will bring out the not so good

No, I think it would run fine with some decent solid state. You just need to get some settings before hand. Every sound is usable but I have been having problems with my Fender amp and I need to replace the speaker. The SK is so transparent that I can hear it. This is a very transparent pedal with a ton of versatility while staying true to itself.

Here's the thing, with the eq you can get almost any sound you desire and the boost with eq allows you to shape the Crunch Box or in my case, Muff. My Big Muff gets really nasty with the Kiss plugged in. It sounds very fierce with my Fender amps clean channel.

And when I mean it accentuates problems with your amp I mean that the sound can get very clear and bright and when you have a damaged speaker or too much bass, you will hear it.

This pedal does not cover for you. I think that is why I have liked it. But you can deal with that tendency by using the compression toggles to clean up the sound. I think the pedal would sound great with a decent solid state amp, especially paired with a Crunch Box.

And I must say, the more I use the Kiss and its eq the more I realize that this thing has plenty of gain...more than you would think. Great pedal and very versatile.

• Members

No, I think it would run fine with some decent solid state. You just need to get some settings before hand. Every sound is usable but I have been having problems with my Fender amp and I need to replace the speaker. The SK is so transparent that I can hear it. This is a very transparent pedal with a ton of versatility while staying true to itself.

Here's the thing, with the eq you can get almost any sound you desire and the boost with eq allows you to shape the Crunch Box or in my case, Muff. My Big Muff gets really nasty with the Kiss plugged in. It sounds very fierce with my Fender amps clean channel.

And when I mean it accentuates problems with your amp I mean that the sound can get very clear and bright and when you have a damaged speaker or too much bass, you will hear it.

This pedal does not cover for you. I think that is why I have liked it. But you can deal with that tendency by using the compression toggles to clean up the sound. I think the pedal would sound great with a decent solid state amp, especially paired with a Crunch Box.

And I must say, the more I use the Kiss and its eq the more I realize that this thing has plenty of gain...more than you would think. Great pedal and very versatile.

the kiss the kiss is on my list:love:and a hyperpak,and a v8 ect.ect.:facepalm:

this forum should come with a gass warning.

• Members

gonna go ahead and order a silver kiss,never ordered from tone factor how are they?web sight says they have them in stock

I have never ordered from Tonefactor but I have heard good things. I got mine from Proguitarshop.com.

Just make sure to get the American Edition so that you have the toggle switches...

• Members

for sure:thu:

I was just playing with this thing for about an hour and it is great. You can dial in so many good tones...good bassy overdrives and really good trebly indie gain.

Great pedal and my complements to the chef. It is also really interesting how this pedal reacts to different pickups. Very transparent.

Archived