Alesis Midiverb (1-2-3-4) Question

• Members

hi there, looking to go back to a rack reverb unit, ive owned a midiverb 2 before, great for what i'm after, some big long reverbs, and good ol reverse reverb.. ie. nick mccabe to kevin shields

the midiverb 2 was good for this, but i'm not familiar with the midiverb 3 or 4 or the quadraverb range..

i've noticed mccabe is back rocking dual quadraverb GT's and shields is back with the midiverb II..

the biggest downside (or characteristic) was the noise of my midiverb2, just wondering, did these units get quieter as they went on? ie. did the midiverb 3/4 or quadGT improve on this in any regard, while keeping those great presets (reverse rev)?

how do quadraverb noise levels stack up to the midiverbs? and also does the quadraverb gt have the same reverse as the midiverb 2's? reverse reverb is my priority, but having those extra 3 effects would be handy for experimenting value..

cheers

Quads are generally "higher end" than MIDI's, and although it's been a while since I've owned / used any of them, IIRC, they're a bit quieter than the Midiverbs. The Quad GT is the same as a Quad+, but with additional analog processing - guitar preamp / distortion type effects. The Quad 2 was a complete redo and is a more powerful (and quieter) unit than the original Quadraverbs.

All of them are obsolete by modern standards, and unless you're on a really tight budget, you would probably be better off with a new unit from Lexicon, TC Electronic, etc.

I honestly do not know if the reverse reverb algorithm is the same in the MV2 and Quads. :idk:

• Members

yeh, its not really a budget thing, i want that alesis sound and the noise was a part of it, (much like the spx 90, noisey units) but it'd be nice to have their best unit from that time..

haven't looked at the lexicon, but im familiar with the digitech digiverb which has some of their reverb algorithms i think.. that reverse is good, but not quite the same..

Archived