Off to Devon for 4 days to record...

Kid_A

• Members

So we are going to down to Devon to record for 4 days... found a good place in Torquay (Basil Fawltey?) to record and stay..

Im just putting the hiwatt, space echo and vintage 4x12 in the hallway...

Cant {censored}ing wait...

• Members

Strange... a thread about nothing got more replies :facepalm:

Got back last night... If im completely honest, the demo is {censored}ing mindblowing. I say that with complete honesty and not a shred of arrogance... Its currently being mixed so will have songs to show off in a week.. For the time being you can read my blog about the weekend, vids and pics here...

I also managed to pull the best guitar tone i have ever had out of my hiwatt and a JCM2000 with old orange speakers running in stereo... man you have not heard the verbzilla or memory man with hazrai till you have heard it in stereo!!! WOW...

I also used my singers PN2 pedal and done the panning thing... used it on a song too, its not as intense as I had hoped... but meh..

Anyway, those of you who are bothered go and have a read or watch some of the movies on my blog, ill update you when i get the final mix back... dont wanna upload the messy mix i currently have

• Members

Cool mate, I live in Torquay. Loeks like you were in Mojo Studios ?

Yea! Leo is a top bloke... Torquay is a strange place... but we found the best food i have ever had... Camelots Steaks!!!! :love:

• Members

great news Daz,

looking forward to hearing the tunes!

:wave:

Honestly John, its going to be mega... im so eager for people to hear it i wanna put up the basic mixes but i know the proper mix will be mindbendingly good!

:love:

• Members

Photo130.jpg

More photos to come later... I also used my jazzmaster in the studio for the trebly bits, but i found my Burny Les Paul just sounded HUGE throw this setup so stuck with that for most of my parts...

Oh and the ZVex BOR and BOM in the studio were what made it for me...

• Members

Ah well, to each his own I guess. I like gigging a LOT more than recording...

Let us know when your stuff is mastered so we can listen to some
:thu:

hmmmm.... yea gigging is always great but I get a kick out of being full on creative in the studio.. each to their own though eh?

Archived